Mailing Forms To The Us Government

GuilleGee

Registered
Hello all,

Lets see if I can perform a query on the collective database that is BAExpats...

I am currently working on filling out an I-130 for my Wife, so that we can move stateside sometime next year. The question really has to do with the mail, as we will have to send the packet of forms, photocopies and passport photos sometime in the next two weeks to the USCIS Chicago Lockbox. Has anybody done this recently? I am basically wondering if mailing through Correo Argentino (or OCA?), so in the US - USPS, is a good choice for sending these important documents. If not, the next question is UPS or DHL? The private services are much more expensive, but I know that I have global tracking and the same company I deliver the envelope to, will deliver the envelope to USCIS.

Second question has to do with tax forms. I have been a good citizen, and not filed either my 2011 or 2012 tax forms. I finally decided I should do it, and have downloaded the 1040 and 2555-EZ for both years, and plan to get those filled out and sent to the IRS ASAP. Is Correo Argentino a good choice for sending these in? I dont owe any taxes, so wont have any late fees, just need to get my books in order before my wife and I move back...

when I was sending documents back and forth for my visa years ago I used Fedex... though I was able to do it through my work and didn't have to pay so I don't know how expensive it was

If this is a one time thing I would be safe and use UPS, Fedex, or so. If you have a lot of important stuff to mail throughout the year, consider a mail forwarding service. It's safe and works both ways.

Can UPS DHL or Fedex delivar to a PO. box address ?? like IRS or SS-A ?????

I would use Fedex. I personally do not trust correo Argentino. Those are important documents, so you don't want a screw up. When you pay fedex, it will get there.

Fedex doesn't normally deliver to PO Boxes. I assume you sent those to a real address.

It might be different for the spouse visa (we did the fiance visa) but the USCIS Dallas Lockbox has two addresses listed, one for when you send the paperwork via US Postal Service (a P.O. Box) and another for express/courier mail like Fedex (not a P.O. Box).

*Edit: Just looked it up and the Chicago Lockbox also has a separate address for when paperwork is sent by express/courier mail.

Back