make ~800 pesos per week teaching English

sommer21

Registered
Hello all,

Unfortunately I have to leave BA ahead of schedule (housing issues/finances) and need to find somebody to fill my position as an English teacher. I work for an English institute in Caballito and have a few private students. I will be leaving BA on April 29th and need to find someone URGENTLY!

For the institute: I am the only teacher and pretty much just hold conversation classes. I work about 8-9 hours a week and earn $40 (pesos) per hour. Also, the institute's owner has mentioned adding more classes in the next few weeks...so there is a chance to make even more money.

Private students:

A couple that lives on Arenales near Pueyrredon. They are both doctors (but run a test prep institute, similar to Kaplan, for medical exams) and are in their 30's. I meet with them 4 hours a week and get $75 (pesos) an hour!! They are awesome and I enjoy every class with them. At the end of May they will take their 3 daughters to Disney and they want to practice their English to prepare for their trip. They have a daughter (age 6) who I meet with once a week for $50 pesos. From this family alone I make $350 pesos a week and love every minute of it.

I have two other private students; a businessman in Belgrano and a 9 year old boy in Recoleta. I got in contact with both of them via BAEXPATS so they know how to find a teacher on their own but I would like to have some references for them when I tell them my bad news.

Overall, I make about $850 pesos per week and have a pretty good/easy set-up. I feel horribly that I will leave my students in a bind, please help me leave them in a happy place. Please contact me IMMEDIATELY if you have interest, and we will get the ball rolling on this transition.

Hey I'm looking to add some private students to my sched. but I'm only free before 12 noon. What times do you currently teach? Is it flexible?

Thanks

I am quite interested. I am available immediately. Send me your email and I can fire off a CV and samples of my work. I am a writer-journalist with almost 20 years experience and an excellent grasp of English vocabulary, grammer and style.

Cheers, Richard (w.richard.reynolds @ gmail.com) (remove blanks)

I am interested in new students and teaching. I am currently teaching conversational English to private students.

Hey - I would be interested in taking some of the classes. Im an English girl, living in the centre. Im teaching a variety of people, including adults and teenagers. I am available immediately. Email me if you like [email protected]

I have two days that I teach from 9-11... can you send me your cv? [email protected]. Hope to hear from you soon!

qpaso said:
Hey I'm looking to add some private students to my sched. but I'm only free before 12 noon. What times do you currently teach? Is it flexible?

Thanks

Thank you for your response! Can you send me a copy of your CV? [email protected], please send me your schedule of availability? Hope to hear from you soon.

Maryeliza said:
Hey - I would be interested in taking some of the classes. Im an English girl, living in the centre. Im teaching a variety of people, including adults and teenagers. I am available immediately. Email me if you like [email protected]

Sommer,
I am glad that you got hooked up with Nicole...... I am sure that she will be able to respectfully and professionally take the reins and not leave your students in a lurch

David

Thank you to everyone who contacted me about the position...as of now, I believe it has been filled (fingers crossed). I really appreciate all of the responses and wish everyone the best of luck :)
-Sommer

Back