Mar Del Plata 1St Week Of March

sab15

Registered
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what Mar del Plata is like during the first week of March. Is it crazy busy still?

Also, any recommendations for good accomodations at a moderate price?

Thanks a lot.

SAB

If you want a quieter experience, try the southern areas such as Punta Mogotes. Most classes are starting in Capital (maybe) so the beaches will mainly have older folks and locals.
I've been in March and liked it much more than in Dec/Jan.

Another question maybe someone can answer. Is it very windy there?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what Mar del Plata is like during the first week of March. Is it crazy busy still?

Also, any recommendations for good accomodations at a moderate price?

Thanks a lot.

SAB
Really good moment to go. Windy according the day.
Think that prices reduces 30% from January to February on accomodation, so you´ll get a wide offer.

yes it is getting better every day --- I hope everyone leaves and goes back to BA ...haha

March is a really nice month.. people are fewer... still good weather... if you surf and are looking to really get away from people yes go south of mar del plata... wind is not known to be bad here but it depends on the day it is the ocean.. write me a PM ..i live here you can look at mardelplata.com for hotel ideas... cheers

I think the best beach weather in Argentina is in March. Also, definitely (generally) much less windy on that part of the coast. Fewer weird currents (one day cold from Patagonia, the next with brown water from the Rio de la Plata). Far fewer people, but that also means less nightlife and some places closing up during the week. The crowd will be older or families with very young children, since all of the students have gone back to school.

March is the month when the retirees vacation, so expect to have fun with the eldery.
In Uruguay, and I know its not the same than Argentina, the water is warm (due the last past months getting warmer), and its by far the best month to go (empty beaches, also without jellyfish).

Back