Massa's Plan to Boost Dollar Revenue

Wonder how the markets will react to this tomorrow?

Doesn't look like drastic changes to me.

Initially the "Massa bounce" for the economy reminds me of trying to bounce a deflated beach ball. The Western Union and blue peso rate are hardly moving, one way or the other, so far.

There is so much bloat in spending here that only real tough measures will correct them while being suicide for any politician supporting those possible moves. I don't have a crystal ball but see no road to success for Massa who has a questionable political record himself.

It's a decades long mess that simply won't be mended without lots of pain over a long time.

Initially the "Massa bounce" for the economy reminds me of trying to bounce a deflated beach ball. The Western Union and blue peso rate are hardly moving, one way or the other, so far.

There is so much bloat in spending here that only real tough measures will correct them while being suicide for any politician supporting those possible moves. I don't have a crystal ball but see no road to success for Massa who has a questionable political record himself.

It's a decades long mess that simply won't be mended without lots of pain over a long time.

I think he will accumulate some reserves abroad and cut some of the subsidies (which was already going to happen under Guzman), but I don't think it'll be the drastic change required to actually fix anything integral. It'll most likely keep this sinking ship alive till the elections though.

I think he will accumulate some reserves abroad and cut some of the subsidies (which was already going to happen under Guzman), but I don't think it'll be the drastic change required to actually fix anything integral. It'll most likely keep this sinking ship alive till the elections though.
The financial markets don't know either as only minuscule changes have occurred these past few days, as of now (16:51 5/8/2022).

Back