Massera dies

rrptownley said:
They are not 'Soya Beans Barons'.
Yes, they are.

rrptownley said:
These are not sole farmers raping and pillaging the land and laughing in the face of the worker in the absence of any Zorro-like character to arrive and fight injustice.
Yes, They are.

rrptownley said:
As for Cobos being constitutionally obliged to vote for Christina's bills, that is a ridiculous statement.

Yes, he is.

rrptownley said:
At the moment they pay 35% tax to export their produce. The Kirchners were trying to push it to 44%. Can you imagine any business anywhere that could cope with being taxed half of everything it earnt? Could you, Lucas?

Yes, I pay 45% of my income.

rrptownley said:
Maybe you should get to know your own country outside of Capital. Speak to the average Argentine who relies on working sunrise to sunset, and not the union member camped in the middle of 9 de Julio.

You do not have any idea, union members in the middle of 9 de Julio, not my cup of tea and not my usual listening info-media to take my conclusions..

I'm quite curious how you pay 44% in taxes since the highest personal income tax is 35%.

Lucas said:
Yes he did, but not to help the agriculture of this country but to help the 'Soya Beans Barons' to keep the money they should be paying in taxes, for that kind of felony you go to jail in USA, no here they keep all they can get and more, sharing nothing with the people of this nation.

I don't have an opinion on this whole matter, but just to let you know there is no export tax in the USA. The constitution contains a clause prohibiting their use.

When I tell people from other countries about export taxes being 35%, their jaws drop. (They are very surprised.) They can't believe that a farming community could survive being taxed like that. (And some of these people are current or former farmers.)

Then when I tell them that there was an attempt to raise that tax to 44%, they laugh. Often they roll their eyes as well, but every person lets out a chuckle or a laughs as a visceral reaction. It's not planned, but the tax system for exports from the campo in this country is such a joke that they can't help but laugh.

But I understand that the government feels that they have to do this because (1) The campo is the source of tons of money and (2) It's easy to track these transactions. While millions of people are working en negro, the campo is totally en blanco and thus is an easy target.

Lucas said:
Yes, they are.

Yes, They are.

Yes, he is.

Yes, I pay 45% of my income.

You do not have any idea, union members in the middle of 9 de Julio, not my cup of tea and not my usual listening info-media to take my conclusions..

I do not know if they teach some people this in school, but I see it a lot here,

with hands over the ears, "Blah, blah, blah, I'm not listening, I am right, I am right."

This is not a way to enforce your side of a discussion.

rrptownley said:
I do not know if they teach some people this in school, but I see it a lot here,

yes. they do.

rrptownley said:
with hands over the ears, "Blah, blah, blah, I'm not listening, I am right, I am right."
yes. i am.

rrptownley said:
This is not a way to enforce your side of a discussion.
yes. it is.

(sorry, i couldn't help it! :D :p )

Buried secretly yesterday in an as yet unmarked grave in some cemetery nr Pilar.
No more than ten mourners. Sort of puts it in perspective.
I imagine that's the way Videla will go.

Gringoboy said:
Buried secretly yesterday in an as yet unmarked grave in some cemetery nr Pilar.
No more than ten mourners. Sort of puts it in perspective.
I imagine that's the way Videla will go.

There you go!, his burial site should be named N.N. (No Name) as they did with the thousands of young people they assassinated.

Back