Mature, energetic, loving, English-speaking nanny

Sandi B

Registered
I moved from NYC to BA a month ago with my porteno husband Alejandro. It's something we've thought about for a while but finally took the plunge. Alejandro is an architect and he's found a good job here. I am currently looking to work as a nanny for a pre-school aged child(ren).

I've spent 30 years as an editor working in both the book publishing industry and non-profit organizations. In 2009 I became a nanny for a 3 month-old baby--I was with her until she was 2 1/2 years old and her new baby brother was 5 months (until the fall of 2011). It was the best job I've ever had!!

I'd love to work for a family here in BA and take care of a baby or toddler (or both at once). I am a native of New York City and an editor, so my English skills are great! However, at this time, I only know un poco Castellano.

If you or anyone you know is interested in an English-speaking nanny who is loving, happy, energetic, playful, resourceful and has great references, please contact me! Many thanks.

Sandi B said:
I moved from NYC to BA a month ago with my porteno husband Alejandro. It's something we've thought about for a while but finally took the plunge. Alejandro is an architect and he's found a good job here. I am currently looking to work as a nanny for a pre-school aged child(ren).

I've spent 30 years as an editor working in both the book publishing industry and non-profit organizations. In 2009 I became a nanny for a 3 month-old baby--I was with her until she was 2 1/2 years old and her new baby brother was 5 months (until the fall of 2011). It was the best job I've ever had!!

I'd love to work for a family here in BA and take care of a baby or toddler (or both at once). I am a native of New York City and an editor, so my English skills are great! However, at this time, I only know un poco Castellano.

If you or anyone you know is interested in an English-speaking nanny who is loving, happy, energetic, playful, resourceful and has great references, please contact me! Many thanks.

Hi Sandi,

Can't help you with the nanny job other than introduce you to a friend of mine who runs an au pair agency but would be interested to know more about what kind of books you edited as I am just finishing my first novel (a financial thriller) and am looking for some assistance. Any interest or relevant contacts would be very helpful.

I'm sorry I can't help you on the publishing end--I've been out of the industry for a dozen years (I've worked for non-profit organizations since I left publishing, then the last few years as a nanny). My suggestion would be to contact agents--you can begin with 2 of my personal friends, Ethan Ellenberg and Sarah Lazin. You can find their contact info online (they're both located in Manhattan). Best of luck.

Back