May 19: Come for a bowl of ramen with a buddist monk!

perry

Registered
Next Wednesday night starting at 9pm we are having a get together at a terrific restaurant Furaibo in the heart of the City on the border of San Telmo . The address is Adolfo Alsina 429 I Floor .

This is the most traditional Japanese restaurant in Buenos Aires and the food and atmosphere is very good . I absolutely love this place and the japanese food is imho some of the best in Buenos Aires.

Only 25 people as its a small restaurant but the atmosphere is calm and friendly.

The place is located one block from Plaza de Mayo (right off Defensa). Three blocks from Catedral station of subte linea D.

It you want to join us, please post a msg here or email to [email protected].

There are many reviews of this restaurant at Guia Oleo.

A few quotes:

Buenos Aires Foodies
Furaibo specializes in Traditional Japanese specialties such as Ramen and Furikake. Food is accompanied by live music (including ukele and Indian music) on weekends and week nights are occupied by cultural events. Owner and chef Aoki is a Buddist monk, keen on preserving traditional Japanese culture.
UrbanNikkei - portal of Japanese culture in Argentina.
"Furaibo", what is translated to english as "The House of Master of Winds", specializes in "ramen" (noodle soup) and "tonkatsu" (some sort of pork milanesa), two of the post popular dishes in Japan... In nineties ramen noodles started to get more sophisticated following tastes of different regions of this (Japan) country, creating a special food culture.
La Vida Surrealista
The night we went there we has a conversation with the monk and owner of the place Gustavo Auki, who told us tht many vegetables that they use are not sold in stores in Argentina. They have private gardens and grow fruits and vegetables native to Japan. Foro those people who want to get an insight into japanese food and don't want to be limited by sushi I recommend to try degustation menu that includes a great variety of authentic japanese plates.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 5
If I can find a babysitter I'd love to come along.

What time? I probably won't be able to get there until 21.00hrs.

Al

We have 9 people confirmed already. There are more places! Bob and Vivian will be there from Wales , Greg, Igor , Dwight and Carly , Carly and Richard, and Jerry.

For all of you who enjoy good flavoursome food come along!!!

Hi,
Excellent choice. Christy and I will be at the Japonese restaurant for dinner Wed. night.
Toni

Is there still space for one more? I so I'll be there
Alex

Back