Meet Karina Milei - influential women behind the election success

not a brain trust I am that impressed with. His sister, who has a career in public relations, the comedienne, and an apologist for the dictatorship and the torturers?
This does not in any represent the dozens of intelligent professional argentine women I know.
Its truly Trumpian in its focus on loyalty, rather than experience.

not a brain trust I am that impressed with. His sister, who has a career in public relations, the comedienne, and an apologist for the dictatorship and the torturers?
This does not in any represent the dozens of intelligent professional argentine women I know.
now do the Kirchners

It's certainly fair to criticize her actions and opinions, but why criticize her intelligence? She helped got her brother elected president of Argentina. That clearly require intelligence and tact. Having a particular opinion on a certain issue doesn't make person more or less intelligent. It's often simply due to different life experiences.

I did not criticize her intelligence.
But let us compare 2 sisters of presidents-
Karin Milei- degree in public relations, studied pastrymaking and sculpture. She may have been a partial owner of a tire store, and is said to be a tarot card reader.

Alicia Kirchner- PHD in Social work. SubSecretary of Social Action in Santa Cruz Province, 1975 to 1983. Secretary of Promotion of the Municipality of Río Gallegos 1987 to 1990. Between 1990 and 1995, was a minister under Nestor Kirchner in Santa Cruz. Worked in the Senat 1995 - 1997 as an aide. 1997-2003, minister in Santa Cruz state government. 2003-2005 National Minister in Kirchner Govt. Elected federal Senator in 2005. Returned to Ministry in 2006. Elected Governor of Santa Cruz in 2015.
Obviously, both benefitted from their Brother's political power-
But Kirchner won several elections on her own, and has almost 50 years of experience actually working in government jobs, being subject to media attention, voter attention, and public scrutiny.

To me, Trumpian loyalty represents hiring family members without experience- jared and ivanka in the white house. Hiring family members who actually have worked in the public sector for decades is just a bit different.

Karina Milei benefited from her brother's political power? He's only just gained it. Thanks in no small part to her apparent mentorship.

I did not criticize her intelligence.
But let us compare 2 sisters of presidents-
Karin Milei- degree in public relations, studied pastrymaking and sculpture. She may have been a partial owner of a tire store, and is said to be a tarot card reader.

Alicia Kirchner- PHD in Social work. SubSecretary of Social Action in Santa Cruz Province, 1975 to 1983. Secretary of Promotion of the Municipality of Río Gallegos 1987 to 1990. Between 1990 and 1995, was a minister under Nestor Kirchner in Santa Cruz. Worked in the Senat 1995 - 1997 as an aide. 1997-2003, minister in Santa Cruz state government. 2003-2005 National Minister in Kirchner Govt. Elected federal Senator in 2005. Returned to Ministry in 2006. Elected Governor of Santa Cruz in 2015.
Obviously, both benefitted from their Brother's political power-
But Kirchner won several elections on her own, and has almost 50 years of experience actually working in government jobs, being subject to media attention, voter attention, and public scrutiny.

To me, Trumpian loyalty represents hiring family members without experience- jared and ivanka in the white house. Hiring family members who actually have worked in the public sector for decades is just a bit different.

If you can't recognize that your comments as criticizing her intelligence, then we will just have to agree to disagree on that.

Given your of obvious opinion of Trump, shouldn't you welcome the fact that Trump had Jared and Ivanka as trusted advisers. Would it have been better if he had surrounded himself only with people with impressive PhD's and decades of experience in the government, but who also have their own agendas...agendas that you personally probably would have been against?

There is nothing wrong with having people you trust as your advisers, and people you trust are often friends and family. They are more likely to tell you the truth and what you need to know instead of what you want to hear. Of course you also need people who can do the specific tasks involved (the day to day operations) as well.

Again, Milei won, so that means he picked wisely thus far. Whether he will succeed in the future is debatable, but it's a fact that he won, and it was due to the team that he selected and the choices he made so far. If you disagree with that last statement, then I'll state in advance that we'll just have to agree to disagree.

To be clear, one person, his sister, and a dog have come from nowhere in two years and swept to power, in the process electorally humiliating the most powerful political force in the country's modern history and the combined heft of the parties that opposed it. Regardless of what we think about those two people (and the dog), their agenda, or the likelihood of them pulling that agenda off, the magnitude of the feat dwarfs anything Alicia Kirchner and anyone else has ever achieved.

It's not clear either what people think Milei ought to do with his sister. Just cast her aside now?

So that is why Peronism has always put so much emphasis on loyalty since the experience has always ended badly?
Peronism is a medieval ideology from Getmany of militarized society where loyalty (honor) is the key. Milei at the end seems to be a Peronist, what’s next??? He is going to invite the legt to his team??? Ups, he already did…

Back