Meeting Argies

i have been here since 1994 and the way I have met argentines (it has not been easy) has been the following:

learn spanish, take classes such as acting, movie appreciation, drawing, cooking...classes, classes, classes...if interested in business, take an accounting class or whatever and join a study group...your study groupmates will become your friends as you must meet at someone's house to study for exams...

also the gym! if you go to a neighborhood gym, just get to know the instructors, and show yourself to be friendly, after getting to know people, maybe organize a group to go to the movies...i have met tons from a neighborhood gym in belgrano

martial arts-- judo for example, jiu jitsu, karate...after some time you will make lots of friends after they see that you are serious...it takes time to meet people here but after a few months you will make friends

soccer league if you are good enough....

one thing to keep in mind: to go out may be costly especially if you have a high budget and they dont...so the locals might resist if you are proposing something too expensive...so careful with that issue...

if you have kids, use the school as a base to meet other parents and invite parents/kids to your home for empanadas, etc...

Hey Agua,

There is a new company called MixMatch starting - they do singles events for expats and locals. I know they are on facebook but not sure they have a website. I think they have an event this Thursday. You should check them out!

hi, I´m Elin Weimer, i am studing english and i need help! my english isnt quite good and the thing is that i need to improve it. if any of you need help with spanish i am more than willing to help you!!! i live in Buenos aires, Cañuelas! my e-mail is [email protected]! thanks!

Back