meeting at migracion!

shoush

Registered
so, i finally have my "turno" today in migracion to do my residencia! and i was wondering if u really have to photocopy all 24 pages of your passport? even in the blank ones?
stupid question..yes! haha but id like today to go without any hitches!

The answer is "yes" you do have to photocopy everything. Don't go with any documentation or photocopies missing. The line to make copies takes about 1 hour (seriously) and if you get someone in a bad mood, they will cancel your turno for not having all of your papers and your entire process will be delayed. Go with everything in order for your own sake and theirs as well.

ah, and the photos need to have a white background, not blue as it used to be...no waiting of 1h for me. cut this long waiting line, go directly to the desk and tell them that you are non-mercasur and they will send you to the opposite desk, after taking your fingerprints, where you will get quickly attended.

still, they told me something like 3weeks to get my dni delivered. any experiences at there on how long it really takes?
thanks.

my new DNI took 90 days, instead of 60 like they told me when I did the trámite. However the process was great, was in and out of the Registro in less than 1 hour, when the DNI was sent in the mail I got a text message from the cancillería letting me know it had been mailed, since I wasn't home to receive it, about 1 week later they let me know via text message that they didn't find me at home and that it was waiting for me at the Registro where I applied for it. I went there and picked it up a few days later, very easy took about 1 hour to wait and sign for it.

They change their delivery time every 2 weeks. Anyway, I applied for my DNI 4 months ago, its still being processed apparently. Don't hold your breath. Just remember it is not going to arrive when they promise you it will. It will always be late.

On the other hand, my wife and I went to Megatlon, they printed our card on the spot when we applied for membership. I don't know, you'd think the Argentine government would learn a thing or two about efficiency, but hey, not them...not ever!

My DNI came 6 weeks to the day from my processing, just like they promised. I wish everything else here in Argentina ran like that!

Had a few problems with my tramite. Turns out when I arrived the immigration officer who stamped my passport had put the wrong month (i.e. June not July) and my whole tramite stopped. Went there to see what was going on, and they said they mailed me a notice. Never received it. Had to go to immigration with my boarding pass ( Yes , I saved it !) and get the correct date put in my passport. They just scratched out the wrong date and hand wrote the correct one. They also lost my marriage certificate. Had a spare and needed new translation etc.... So after 3 trips , to migraciones , I think I am back on track.

Point is follow up , make 2 copies of everything , go in person after 30 , then 60 days to see the status. if something is wrong and they do not text or mail something you will never know. Sometimes it works perfect , like for GS , but other times , what a mess....

I'm in my 2nd yr temp residence and I've never received a DNI. The first year they just told me to keep waiting, the printers were broken, blah blah. This year (I renewed in March) more of the same, if I don't receive it in a month go back. I'm sick of going there, I've just given up, I'm leaving in a few months so whatever.

hey! went, super excited to finally get residency and everything went wrong! missing loads of papers and apparently every translation has to be done separately! i guess read the fine print!
thanks for all the help though about the photocopy:)

shoush said:
went, super excited to finally get residency and everything went wrong! missing loads of papers

yeah I had the same thing happen with mine - took 3 attempts to get it right! once it was accepted, from memory it took about 3 weeks to arrive.

if you do get knocked back over some missing paperwork, ask them to finish inspecting the rest of the documents so you know for sure what's left to organize.

Back