Meeting New Friends through Sports

Dinny

Registered
Hi All , im moving to BA at weekend i have interest in sports and would like to meet similar people or some help to join local Triathlon / cycle clubs any help would be appreciated

will be living in Palermo area

regards Dinny

dk2.....we dont wear wellies in Dublin.......Castleknock ...and you ?

Hi Dinny, I moved here a few months ago and am desperately trying to keep my triathlon going. It is a challenge but just about possible. I mainly use the 25m pool at Megatlon in Nuñez and run in Palermo park or the Eco reserve. The biggest issue is bike training; there is v little cycling here due to the sprawl of the city so getting out into the countryside is a challenge. Locals will tell you to go to KDT or Parque Sarmiento - if you are into IM distance, these are not great options as they are very short loops. Still, I am more than happy to take you on a ride and show you what I have discovered so far.

It is also winter here so racing is a bit limited. Having said that there is a duathlon in Palermo park this weekend. I am also signed up for Iron Punta in Uruguay in December, so somehow have got to find some cycling between now and then otherwise I'll go mad cycling round a short loop!

I also live in Palermo so send me an email to [email protected].

Buen viaje.

Hello gents, im an avid sports enthusiast and am keen to give this a whirl. Im from the UK also. have you guys locked in any dates to meet and train??

Hi Guys , thanks for notices only moved today give me a few days and would love to meet up for spin just finished assembling bike all in one piece , thank god, talk during weeks
cheers dennis

Hi Thomas, have you got a roadbike? Am away next weekend but will probably be riding Saturday 30th. Happy to try to arrange a meet up. If you send me an email with your riding experience we can work out the best way to play it.

Otherwise will probably swim one evening in Nuñez during the week. Are you a member of Megatlon?

Dinny: good to hear the bike made it in one piece! Similarly if you fancy any bike/swim sessions, let me know.

Hi Guys , are you up for bike ride this weekend let me know

regards Dennis

Back