Men's clothes shopping

In Paseo Alcorta there are a lot of men stores.
Legacy a.o. has decent clothes for decent prices.
The only one that stands out in my opinion is la etiketa negra which is expensive and of bad quality.
Good luck.

I think the prices you saw along defensa were probably pretty typical for here. Clothing is not something to buy in Argentina (unless you're desperate) so if you can hold off, I would. Prices for most-range items are well above their equivalent in the US/Europe and the average quality is much lower. There are some decent local labels - I think that the Felix chain does some good, very European-y stuff for men. There are also a few places around P-viejo, depending on your style. However, the prices in these mid-range places are very high.
If you just want a pair of jeans or something more basic, I'd just go to Abasto shopping or one of the other malls and check out your options there. You will pay more than in the US (as you will anywhere else) but at least you have the option of imported stuff (Levis, Zara, the surf-type stores) if local quality proves to be a big problem. Also keep in mind that sizes are not that generous. If you're heavier-set though, Kevingston might be an option worth checking out.

Probably not tourist prices - clothes here are expensive and the quality is mediocre in general.

Case in point - I bought a very nice sheer type blouse from Zara (which I'm not advocating as high-quality). Paid about 4x what I would have in the US, it wasn't cheap. Shirt had a rip which I didn't notice when I bought it. Went back and after much ado, managed to get a credit. Bought another shirt as they no longer had the same style. Wore it 4x and it is now shredded. The fabric literally fell apart. And again, this was an expensive shirt.

Fallabella on Florida street seems alright, although, as others have said, the prices are all just oober expensive everywhere.

JoeBlow said:
Is that a joke?
Is Zara your sister?

No ive traveled europe the last 5 yrs and always used zara as a staple, t shirts, pants, no jeans, a good fitting suit... but im 6ft /180 so guess they make clothes for me and im in my early 30's so...

I wear very high design normally, but how is the Zara there? I mean there are 13 mil city wide and 3 mil internally it cant be that bad...

Hello all. Looks like this thread hasn't been touched for a while, and I was interested to know if, besides Zara (who's reputation seems to be contested), there exists any other new recommendations for mens clothing? I am heading to a wedding in a few weeks back in the States, and could really use an injection of new threads. Oh, and while I am open to all ideas, I would like to mention that I am 30, have lived in the SF Bay Area, and as such tend to be attracted towards, oh, how shall I say, a more urban style in clothing.

The floor's yours.

I found some good designer shops on Santa fe around Callao, but that was a couple of years ago.
Nowadays, nothing is cheap here anymore and I bring all my stuff from home.:(

Sir Greyton for shirts, especially dress shirts. Excellent quality material and well made shirts. On Santa Fe, just off Callao.

James Smart on Callao between Santa Fe and Marcelo T offers good quality suits, slacks and Blazers.

Alas, no longer are these bargains...but at least they offer some measure of quality control in traditional clothing.

Sir Greyton for shirts

Gotta love those faux English names. Up there with "Kevin" aftershave and "Leader price" supermarkets..my new favorite is "Rash" jeans...ouch!

Back