Mental health and prescription pills

Kira

Registered
Hi!
I planing to move to Argentina BA in February.
My main concerns is availability of prescription pills for mental health.
Will prescriptions from my doctor work or do I need prescriptions from the local doctor?
What is the general attitude towards this issue in the country?

I can't speak for all prescriptions outside Argentina being accepted, but I can say generally the health system here is much more efficient than in the US. I had to be checked out for a previously unknown issue and received a check by 4 doctors, an ultrasound, blood work, and medication in about 6 hours for $135 at Hospital Aleman.

If you're comfortable DMing me what you're worried about I can ask a doctor we're in touch with about availability.

Generally I like to go to Farmicity for meds because it's very well stocked and all over the country.

Hi!
Will prescriptions from my doctor work or do I need prescriptions from the local doctor?
You will need a prescription from a local psychiatrist. Make sure the drugs you take are available.

Hi!
You'll need a local prescription(s)
And non issue from personal experience, Argentina has one of if not the highest number of psychologists per capita in the world
so there's a lot less stigma than in other countries, and medication is substantially cheaper here than in other countries.

Back