MercadoPago app without DNI

oomotep

Registered
I downloaded the MercadoPago app and plan to use it when I'm in Argentina. Problem is that it keeps asking me for a DNI, which I don't have. I'm US citizen.

Is it possible to add a U.S. based credit card to this app? What do I put in instead of a DNI? Just make up numbers?

Thanks,

i haven't used it so i'm of no help...but what do you need to use it for?

You can reload SUBE cards, pay merchants, pay cell phone bill.

I downloaded the MercadoPago app and plan to use it when I'm in Argentina. Problem is that it keeps asking me for a DNI, which I don't have. I'm US citizen.
Is it possible to add a U.S. based credit card to this app?

What do I put in instead of a DNI? Just make up numbers?

I don't know if the Mercado Pago data base can automatically cross check the name entered with the number of a real DNI, but even if you could fool the system into letting you download and use the app, it's probably not a good idea.

It may be just as illegal to create an account and use a fake DNI number in Argentina as it is to use a fake Social Security number in the USA.

...as for other bills, just use Pagofacil.

And experience the unadulterated Argentine joy of taking the time to go to a Pagofacil (or Rapipago) location and standing in line for indeterminable lengths of time waiting to make a payment you could have done using the app in about a minute. :mad:

Back