Methane Emissions in Argentina

Surprising, Cow burps not mentioned ?

What percentage of methane emissions are cattle?

Cow burps are a major contributor to climate change — can ...

Globally, cows and other livestock animals are responsible for about 40 percent of methane emissions – a potent greenhouse gas. In digesting their high fiber diet, cows emit methane as a byproduct, making them one of the least climate friendly sources of food on the planet.Mar 6, 2022

Surprising, Cow burps not mentioned ?

What percentage of methane emissions are cattle?

Cow burps are a major contributor to climate change — can ...

Globally, cows and other livestock animals are responsible for about 40 percent of methane emissions – a potent greenhouse gas. In digesting their high fiber diet, cows emit methane as a byproduct, making them one of the least climate friendly sources of food on the planet.Mar 6, 2022

I'm glad you mentioned this.

I challenge that statistic, I challenge the very idea that cows are responsible for any significant percent of methane production. If it is true, why are the main cattle-producing regions of Argentina not showing up on this map? Why is Brazil almost entirely white on the map?

I challenge that statistic, I challenge the very idea that cows are responsible for any significant percent of methane production. If it is true, why are the main cattle-producing regions of Argentina not showing up on this map? Why is Brazil almost entirely white on the map?
Refinery Flares aren't major sources of CH4.. Combustion engines gases aren't a sources of Methane. Hence have trouble to interpret the dark splotches..? based on my years XP as a Chem Eng, with extensive Refinery work

Also Brazil entirely white ? Brazil a major oil producer, refiner and combustion engine vehicle fleet ? Also major Meat Exporter?

Gas for domestic use is mainly Butane and isoButane.

Refinery Flares aren't major sources of CH4.. Combustion engines gases aren't a sources of Methane. Hence have trouble to interpret the dark splotches..? based on my years XP as a Chem Eng, with extensive Refinery work

Also Brazil entirely white ? Brazil a major oil producer, refiner and combustion engine vehicle fleet ? Also major Meat Exporter?

Gas for domestic use in the UK is around 90% methane also around Europe.

Why would it be mainly butane here when natural gas is mainly methane?

These are all good points. But I didn't say Brazil was entirely white; I said almost. There are purple splotches all along the coast corresponding to the major urban areas. What I should have said is that the big beef-producing regions of Brazil are almost all white.

I any case, you make a couple good points. I really wish the creator of that video would have told us a bit more about that methane emissions map, such as where he got it, who compiled it, how the data was collected, and from what year and season the data was. It does not seem to correspond to what we have been told.

In closing, let me say that "based on my years XP as a Chem Eng, with extensive Refinery work" is an impressive credential. I had no idea. That is a very interesting field. I've had a couple students in KSA who were Chemical Engineers working in the petroleum industry. I swear that country produces more engineers than you could shake a stick at.

I challenge the very idea that cows are responsible for any significant percent of methane production
Since natgeo was recently shared on another thread, I saw another story on New Zealand thinking to tax cattle farmers for the amount methane gas emitted.

“But this abundance comes with an environmental cost. Half of New Zealand’s greenhouse gas emissions come from agriculture, mostly as biological methane and nitrous oxide from livestock burps, urine, and manure.”

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MilHojas Articles 1
Back