Milei officially rejects Argentina entering BRICS

I guess North Korea would be your ideal country, then. It only invests in itself. It doesn't spend its hard-earned won on some stupid international projects.

My initial question to you was requesting you to elaborate on the benefits that have gone to India from participating in BRICS.

As of today, I can't see a single thing that India has benefitted from BRICS other than status/media attention.

All the "NDB" projects that have been completed or have been approved for India were paid for by the Indian government for the benefit of the Indian people. If India wasn't in BRICS they could have done these same projects without slapping the BRICS name on it.

If India has received some benefits from BRICS please point them out.

If there haven't been any actual benefits, then maybe it isn't such an economic sacrifice for Argentina to take a pass. It may even be a part of another focused strategy to woo private Western investors.

Last edited:
Yeah, investors from developed countries right now are pulling out in droves from Brazil, India, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and many other places.

Advocating 'Almost Free Trade,' right?
I'm not advocating for free trade, it doesn't exist and it never will. And what applies to countries you mentioned, doesn't necessarily applies to others. Serbia historically ties heavily on Russia, but was quickly reminded where majority of money comes from, when they wanted to seat on two chairs. Argentina is in somehow vulnerable position, Milei even more, because he wasn't very diplomatic announcing allies and has probably already got some hints regarding brics from his travels. What I want or feel is not connected to what really is. Biggest investors to Argentina are EU and USA, if I have correct data, so it probably isn't the smartest to ignore their interests. But nothing prevents Argentina to make bilateral agreements with brics countries, except with Russia that never really was on the table.

I'm far from Milei supporter, but this decision has perfect sense.

I don't see this as very smart. I think Argentina should follow the path of India. Stay neutral in everything, do business with everyone. They are becoming a super power. Instead, Milei is a falling in love with the IMF, and U.S, both of which will not benefit Argentina. I am starting to see him as very narrow minded....
India has so much in the way of becoming a superpower. Roughly half of the country makes a living through agriculture. In the US it’s less than 2%.

India has so much in the way of becoming a superpower. Roughly half of the country makes a living through agriculture. In the US it’s less than 2%.

Agriculture significantly contributes to their economic strength. Additionally, they possess substantial industries in medical technology, software engineering, and various other technological sectors. These industries are not just domestic, they also drive the economy through substantial exports. India is currently ranked as the 5th largest economy in the world.

Back