Milei Welcomes Chelsea to Buy Boca Juniors

Panem et circenses.

This conflation of politics and football is awful.
I didn't understand it at first, but it's all about getting more money into the country during these times when nobody will invest a peso in Argentina. There are thousands of millions of dollars involved. Potentially enormous sums.

But I agree that it's awful.

Todd Boehly has turned one of Englands and the worlds most successful clubs of the last decade into mid-table fodder, spending £900m in the last two seasons doing so 👏👏👏

Todd Boehly has turned one of Englands and the worlds most successful clubs of the last decade into mid-table fodder, spending £900m in the last two seasons doing so 👏👏👏
I’m a lifelong Chelsea supporter born in London and enjoyed many live matches from the Bridge.Boehly’s project has only just begun, Chelsea world champions in 2021 will soon return to their rightful place at the top. Boca juniors will look good in Chelsea jerseys!

I didn't understand it at first, but it's all about getting more money into the country during these times when nobody will invest a peso in Argentina. There are thousands of millions of dollars involved. Potentially enormous sums.

But I agree that it's awful.
Who gets all that money and how does it benefit the country? This doesn't seem like it will help things in general, but I'm sure a couple of people will be quite happy indeed.

Who gets all that money and how does it benefit the country? This doesn't seem like it will help things in general, but I'm sure a couple of people will be quite happy indeed.
This is just Milei doing Macri's bidding after Macri recently lost a Boca election. Rich boy's tantrum.

That's my question too, My understanding (and maybe someone who knows more about football than me can correct me if I'm wrong) was that particularly in England, football clubs bought by investors and rich individuals have been loaded up with debt in "leveraged buyouts" on the order of hundreds of millions of pounds. 'Potentially enormous sums" certainly, but would they benefit Argentina? And again, this is just a sideshow, a distraction, I don't imagine any amount of money the football clubs could absorb would have any difference to the bottom line for Argentina as a whole.

I’m a lifelong Chelsea supporter born in London and enjoyed many live matches from the Bridge.Boehly’s project has only just begun, Chelsea world champions in 2021 will soon return to their rightful place at the top. Boca juniors will look good in Chelsea jerseys!
Those days are gone with Abramovich and all his money. Before that you were a bit meh. I really don't see it with Boehly, I think the ffp thing will catch up with his business model amongst other things.

Back