Mobile Phone Provider Recommendations and Where to Buy (Plaza Italia)

NeoWonk

Registered
The last time I was here, I remember just going to a Kiosko and buying a Movistar sim card. But I asked at a few Kioskos today and they said no. Can anyone recommend a good place to buy a sim card near Plaza Italia - cell repair stores maybe?

Any difference between the providers. I noticed that Personal has WiFi available in my apartment pool area - so I was leaning towards them. A post I read here implied that configuring the Personal service after installing the Sim was quite an undertaking. My experiences with Sim cars were that it was pretty much plug and play. Has it gotten more difficult in the last few years?

I got a Personal SIM card at Abasto shopping. I brought my passport with me to the Personal store there and had the girl working there help activate it for me. At the time the activation service by phone call required DNI I think

I found an old internet cafe/kiosko near Palermo subway station and the guy only had Claro, so I just went with that $6 for a number and data. Argentina is still cheap. He did say this was only good for a month and then I'd have to do it over again. Before I just recharged and kept the number indefinitely. Not sure if this is a new regulation or that is just what he had for sale.

I found an old internet cafe/kiosko near Palermo subway station and the guy only had Claro, so I just went with that $6 for a number and data. Argentina is still cheap. He did say this was only good for a month and then I'd have to do it over again. Before I just recharged and kept the number indefinitely. Not sure if this is a new regulation or that is just what he had for sale.
He likely meant the plan is only valid for a month and you have to refill it (or register the SIM card) or both, as it's a ENACOM requirement that SIM cards are registered

Back