Money Honey...and Stuff Too

Getting pesos near the blue rate is difficult for Canadians unless you have a US bank account (not a canadian bank with an account in USD) like myself, otherwise your options are limited to Chile/Uruguay/Bolivia/Brasil or bringing all the cash you need

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's the difference whether it's a US or Canadian account provided the funds are US currency?

I wasn't being serious... I agree. Anything you write online (especially on a public forum) can be viewed by anyone. I'm not sure if we're under watch... but it's generally not a good idea to reveal any illegal activity. :)

For what it's worth, I've never considered the internet 'private.' Not even emails.

I think the government's actions have more to do with the locals anyway... there's a lot of people with a lot of money in Argentina and AFIP isn't completely blind.

Our identity is protected in the Forum under the nick :cool: Only our IP is available :rolleyes:

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's the difference whether it's a US or Canadian account provided the funds are US currency?

Well, for agencies like XOOM for example, they only accept US Bank accounts as a funding means. It is likely due to the fact
that they don't want to deal with the different laws/regulations in the Canadian banking sector, it also takes longer for ACH
transactions to process in Canada in Canadian Dollars.

In 2014 there still really isn't a direct, easy, affordable way to transfer funds between the United States and Canada without
going through a currency house/forex agency/paypal/etc.

Back