More new arrival questions

booms

Registered
Hi all, been here for a week and getting settled in. A few more questions someone might know the answer to:

1) I'd like to do a B2 or possibly C1 exam. Anyone know a good/cheap place to do this? A lot of the prices seem quite high - $260 for these guys for example. https://buenosairesopencentre.com/fechas-de-examenes/

2) Looking at Airbnb's' and now that I'm in the country everything is priced in ARS. Is it possible to pay in cash whilst still being 'official' within the app?

3) Does anyone use MercadoLibre within a DNI? It all seems to be a bit difficult without one?

4) I'll be looking for a large dog crate/cage - any recommendations for where to pick up one of those?

5) Where are the best places to go for a run around Palermo - say a 10k? It seems like everyone recommends the Bosques but is there anywhere else? And don't suppose anyone is doing the Asics run on the 24th April?

6) Any recommendations for blood tests/X-rays? In Mexico it was pretty easy to get those arranged but here there seems to be much less on offer. I'll arrange my own doctor but wondered which service is commonly used.

Hi all, been here for a week and getting settled in. A few more questions someone might know the answer to:

1) I'd like to do a B2 or possibly C1 exam. Anyone know a good/cheap place to do this? A lot of the prices seem quite high - $260 for these guys for example. https://buenosairesopencentre.com/fechas-de-examenes/

2) Looking at Airbnb's' and now that I'm in the country everything is priced in ARS. Is it possible to pay in cash whilst still being 'official' within the app?

3) Does anyone use MercadoLibre within a DNI? It all seems to be a bit difficult without one?

4) I'll be looking for a large dog crate/cage - any recommendations for where to pick up one of those?

5) Where are the best places to go for a run around Palermo - say a 10k? It seems like everyone recommends the Bosques but is there anywhere else? And don't suppose anyone is doing the Asics run on the 24th April?

6) Any recommendations for blood tests/X-rays? In Mexico it was pretty easy to get those arranged but here there seems to be much less on offer. I'll arrange my own doctor but wondered which service is commonly used.
2 - no, not within the airbnb system. it seems some owners will do that but you won't be booked through airbnb.

3. you need a DNI to use ML, its required

5. the parks are the biggest around, i'm not sure where else you want to go exactly in palermo? in puerto madero you could run easily on the weekends, the streets are pretty empty by the reserva and have lots of runners around.

2 - no, not within the airbnb system. it seems some owners will do that but you won't be booked through airbnb.

3. you need a DNI to use ML, its required

5. the parks are the biggest around, i'm not sure where else you want to go exactly in palermo? in puerto madero you could run easily on the weekends, the streets are pretty empty by the reserva and have lots of runners around.

This is a Fact ?

2 - One can set the currency in the Airbnb Page to Pesos Chilenos, Uruguayos, Filipinos, Colombianos, Mexicanos. However no Peso Argentina Option?

6) Centro Rossi. Locations throughout Capital and surrounding area. Modern equipment, efficient for the most part but can vary a little by location. I like the San Isidro location but I live more towards that way. Accepts most obra social and is still reasonably affordable if you don’t have insurance

6) Centro Rossi. Locations throughout Capital and surrounding area. Modern equipment, efficient for the most part but can vary a little by location. I like the San Isidro location but I live more towards that way. Accepts most obra social and is still reasonably affordable if you don’t have insurance
Thanks for this - looks perfect. I dont intend to use any insurance, just pay directly. It doesn't seem to actually say what the price is on their website, am I missing something? Thanks!

This is a Fact ?

2 - One can set the currency in the Airbnb Page to Pesos Chilenos, Uruguayos, Filipinos, Colombianos, Mexicanos. However no Peso Argentina Option?
Yes there is a way to beat the system and get Argentine pesos. You can vpn and go to airbnb and it will show ars. Keep in mind that it is converted since owners actually price in dollars. So you're not actually beating the system at all. I'll go back to my corner of shame now.

Yes there is a way to beat the system and get Argentine pesos. You can vpn and go to airbnb and it will show ars. Keep in mind that it is converted since owners actually price in dollars. So you're not actually beating the system at all. I'll go back to my corner of shame now.

Perhaps I wasn't clear . My goal was to find out the BA Airbnb prices in Pesos and PAY in pesos Argentinos. ..! If you check in the Airbnb page currency Setup there is NO Argentine Peso Option. However can set prices in Other Peso Denominations like Uruguay , Colombia, Chile,etc.

Perhaps I wasn't clear . My goal was to find out the BA Airbnb prices in Pesos and PAY in pesos Argentinos. ..! If you check in the Airbnb page currency Setup there is NO Argentine Peso Option. However can set prices in Other Peso Denominations like Uruguay , Colombia, Chile,etc.
Trust me I had the same thought process. Even though you can view the Argentine site and see "a price" in pesos, you have to realize that the owners are setting the price in dollars and the site is converting to pesos. It's not the same as going to like an Argentine airline site where the prices are really in pesos.

So even if you pay in pesos with an Argentine card, the behind the scenes price is the official dollar rate equivalent. Understand?

Back