More new arrival questions

When I came here I tried finding an apartment and after scraping Zonaprop and facebook I resorted to contact airbnb hosts to ask if they’d be interested in giving me a good price if I paid efectivo (pesos in cash).

It’s a bit risky and you have to avoid using certain words to not get flagged by Airbnb for trying to make deals outside the application.

It works, I’d say 30%-40% of those I contacted were considering it. However, the problem is mainly that Airbnb hosts are used to insanely high yields so they are not going to be happy enough with giving you the «market price» for an apartment. Meaning it would still be overpriced compared to what you would get through an agent on Zonaprop etc, but a slightly better deal than booking through Airbnb.

However to rent from Zonaprop et. al a local garantia may be requested..!

Average statistics for Airbnb Hosts renting in BA
From Airbnb web page , host section

1. Average income $756 per month
  2. Average price $42 per night
  3. Average occupancy 18 nights per month

Hi booms!

AIRBbnb, it's complicated to pay in cash
because the security of the app resides in the fact that everything is
is done through them.

Anyway, I think there is a way
to communicate with the owner and be able to inquire about it.
about it.

When I came here I tried finding an apartment and after scraping Zonaprop and facebook I resorted to contact airbnb hosts to ask if they’d be interested in giving me a good price if I paid efectivo (pesos in cash).

It’s a bit risky and you have to avoid using certain words to not get flagged by Airbnb for trying to make deals outside the application.

It works, I’d say 30%-40% of those I contacted were considering it. However, the problem is mainly that Airbnb hosts are used to insanely high yields so they are not going to be happy enough with giving you the «market price» for an apartment. Meaning it would still be overpriced compared to what you would get through an agent on Zonaprop etc, but a slightly better deal than booking through Airbnb.
Thanks SpanishGuy - any tips on what words to avoid? As I'm not sure I've been avoiding them!

Hi booms!

AIRBbnb, it's complicated to pay in cash
because the security of the app resides in the fact that everything is
is done through them.

Anyway, I think there is a way
to communicate with the owner and be able to inquire about it.
about it.
Thanks for this and the other replies. I've found somewhere now and the owner said something oblique about being able to cancel without any charge so maybe I'll be arrange something with that once I've met him.

Shame about needing a local garantia for pretty much everything else!

Perhaps I wasn't clear . My goal was to find out the BA Airbnb prices in Pesos and PAY in pesos Argentinos. ..! If you check in the Airbnb page currency Setup there is NO Argentine Peso Option. However can set prices in Other Peso Denominations like Uruguay , Colombia, Chile,etc.

Back