more places to hunt for places?

knutschis

Registered
Ok, so I know about bastay, barentals, ByT, craigslist. And so far soloduenos has proved the best.

Can anyone share other good ideas? I'm in the <2yr furnished category... will hope to extend a 6 month lease if the owner is cool with that.

Thanks

argenprop.com and zonaprop.com
I found quite a few good listings there.
I also went around the neighborhood where I wanted to live and talked to doormen in buildings that I liked (they know everything that is going on in their building and which places are available to rent). I left my cell phone number with them and got probably ten calls from owners or brokers. Several of the places were a good fit, so I ended up getting to be a little choosy. It took some time, but it was worth it to get a place I liked.
Suerte!

Thanks all, good links. And good idea mmoon about talking to doormen.

While I've got you, 2 other things I'd like to know.

1) Are there sites here for finding flatmates? In other places I've lived these sites help people meet before they find a share house, or a person with a spare room finds others.

2) Negotiation: any etiquette that I should be aware of? Is there much flexibility in agreeing on a price?

thanks

Hi mcaffa,

I noticed that you are staying in Ciudad Jardin (i.e. in GBA). My husband and I are currently looking for a place but have been told that anything basically outside of Capital Federal is dangerous - however the rents are a lot cheaper and so we are interested to know how you find the area you are in, and also if you know of any other areas in GBA that would be less dangerous than others. Our budget is pretty low (we don´t want to pay more than 1500pesos per month) and we are adventurous! Thanks for any help you can give.

We are having a hard time finding unfurnished apartments because we don´t have a garantia. Does anyone know of ways around that? Are there places where you can pay for a garantia?

Soloduenos only seems to have furnished temporary apartments. Does anyone know of any other sites where owners directly advertise apartments to rent (unfurnished)?

Thanks!

We were told when we were looking for an apartment that often if you are able to pay six months ahead that an owner may be convinced to let you pass on the garantia. We are doing something similar, paying three months at a time. It has to be the right owner and you have to have the money, but it's an option.

Back