Moving Around in CABA without Essential Worker Permission

domthegreat

Registered
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone has had an experience taking a taxi or Cabify/Uber/etc. in the city recently. I have taken one or two but only to go down to the bank in my area. I need to bring supplies to a family we are friends with...but they are in Constitución and we are in Las Cañitas. Its a bit of a hike to get down there by taxi...and I was a bit worried about running into police checks or something and getting turned around.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with something similar in the last few weeks?

It is easy to get a permission to circulate.
Download the cuidar app. Enter your DNI etc.
Fill out the health questionnaire.
Then click the link to request permission to circulate - "exceptional reasons".
You will be asked to put in the information about where you are going and how you will get there. You can just put by foot / bike since if you choose by car you will need to enter the registration details of the vehicle. Public transport is only for essential workers so do not select that.
You need to fill in a free-text box explaining where you are going / why. You could just say "revision medica" or something like this.
2-4 hours later (usually in a matter or minutes) your permission will appear in your Cuidar app and is valid for 48 hours.
Listo.

Note I have actually done this and taken taxis for a medical check-up. No stops or questions asked at any time. I am doing a follow-up today and already have my permission to circulate sorted. Apparently I am an "essential worker" so I know I can get the permissions automatically if I want. Am not sure if that made it easier or not for these occasional permissions - as my app shows "Permission to go to work" instead of "Permission to go to appointment" or similar...

It is easy to get a permission to circulate.
Fill out the health questionnaire.
Then click the link to request permission to circulate - "exceptional reasons".
You will be asked to put in the information about where you are going and how you will get there. You can just put by foot / bike since if you choose by car you will need to enter the registration details of the vehicle. Public transport is only for essential workers so do not select that.
You need to fill in a free-text box explaining where you are going / why. You could just say "revision medica" or something like this.
2-4 hours later (usually in a matter or minutes) your permission will appear in your Cuidar app and is valid for 48 hours.
Listo.

Note I have actually done this and taken taxis for a medical check-up. No stops or questions asked at any time. I am doing a follow-up today and already have my permission to circulate sorted. Apparently I am an "essential worker" so I know I can get the permissions automatically if I want. Am not sure if that made it easier or not for these occasional permissions - as my app shows "Permission to go to work" instead of "Permission to go to appointment" or similar...

Thanks for the advice. I think I will look into that. Im bringing them some more valuable items along with normal things...so I don't feel comfortable sending it by average Rappi guy.

There are plenty of guys in the city who will do motorcycle deliveries with a permit for you if it is not indispensable for you to go there personally.

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone has had an experience taking a taxi or Cabify/Uber/etc. in the city recently. I have taken one or two but only to go down to the bank in my area. I need to bring supplies to a family we are friends with...but they are in Constitución and we are in Las Cañitas. Its a bit of a hike to get down there by taxi...and I was a bit worried about running into police checks or something and getting turned around.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with something similar in the last few weeks?

Dom , maybe you can buy the supplies online and have them delivered directly to their address ? Here in the Uk you can order online fron a supermarket for example and get it delivered directly to another address, pharmacies too .....

If it is only once in a while thing, you should try the Fuerza Mayor / Elderly assistance permit. It doesn't ask too many uncomfortable questions and once issued and printed is valid for 48hs.
A taxi is your safest bet, less Qs if stopped and depending on how long you must remain at destination, i suggest you ask it to wait and bring you back home.
Must bite the bullet regarding cost but if you like the driver you should ask him for his phone and availability for the next trip, on his own.

I do the same type errand Retiro/Constitucion every other week and spend $500 on cab fare, round trip.

Iz

Anyone try getting a permit without a DNI?
Emailing embassy (US) has only got me canned responses that say they aren't issuing anything.

Reactions: Moe
Anyone try getting a permit without a DNI?
Emailing embassy (US) has only got me canned responses that say they aren't issuing anything.
Am guessing it won't accept your passport number.
When I needed to see a doctor they whatsapped me a photo of a receita / perscription to go to an appointment which they just suggested I show if anyone stopped me instead of actually downloading the permiso. I would imagine something like this to prove your purpose along with some kind of proof of address and passport would be enough to convince any Police that you are actually being a good person and respecting the rules.
If just travelling within CABA I think it is safe to say you have a 90(+)% chance of no one stopping you.

Back