Moving Dollars From Argentina To Usa

soulskier

Registered
Hola,

I have an Argentine friend who is interested in buying a property in the US and has been collecting dollars "abajo su cama".

Any suggestions or advice on how to transfer the money from Argentina to the United States?

satoshitango.com prepaid card, use prepaid card for an online transfer service like transferwise. though if they want to buy US property why don't they just pull it out of their account Argentine when they get to the US and create a US bank account to put it in?

Find people who do this for a living.
Can sometimes be had for as low as 2% commission.
Find people who can vouch for you, as well as for the other side.

If there is no bank trail for the funds, there may be problems in purchasing a property. In the US, they generally want to know origin of funds for any real estate purchase.

If there is no bank trail for the funds, there may be problems in purchasing a property. In the US, they generally want to know origin of funds for any real estate purchase.

We went through this exact scenerio when we built a new house in San Antonio, TX. I made three deposits into my savings account (total $5K) and the mortgage underwriter demanded copies of the checks deposited and what they were for. Ever since the Savings and Loans fiasco where people were given home loans despite not being able to pay the, the US Government has really tightened up the home loan process. The lenders are told by the government regulators if they don't follow the rules to the letter they will be shutdown. The underwriters are terrible to deal with. We flew into Texas on a Sunday, inspected and accepted the house on Monday, expecting to close on Wednesday. We were nickel and dimed to death for financial records and finally closed around 6PM on Friday. Our neighbors in their 70s and Ray is also handicapped finally closed at 2 AM one day.

Buying a house in the US is now a real pain!

Back