Moving the clocks

citygirl

Registered
US went ahead an hour, Uruguay went back an hour today - anyone know when Argentina is adjusting the clocks? I don't think it was today but I'm having a hard time tracking down when it is.
Thanks.

Thanks! I am always dealing with different time zones so it's rather complicated. So for next 6 days, we are 2 hours ahead of US. Wish they could have just switched it today along with the rest of the world.

citygirl said:
Thanks! I am always dealing with different time zones so it's rather complicated. So for next 6 days, we are 2 hours ahead of US. Wish they could have just switched it today along with the rest of the world.

Europe doesn't change until the last Sunday in March. Mexico, Australia & New Zealand change the first Sunday in April.

I wish everyone would just stop changing altogether!

citygirl said:
So for next 6 days, we are 2 hours ahead of US.
:confused:

We're 3 hours ahead of the #3, #4, #7, #8 largest cities in the USA.

We're 5 hours ahead of the #2 largest city and far and away the state with the largest population. (Almost as many people as all of Argentina.) As well as the Coffee Capital of the World.

We're 4 hours ahead of the Rockies and all the skiing and beautiful summers that that entails.

We're 6 hours ahead of the state that is so big it is roughly 60% as big as all of Argentina.

We're 8 (that's EIGHT) hours ahead of the state with arguably the best surfing in the world!

I'm having trouble figuring out how you could count the dismal East Coast as ALL of the United States.
:confused:

PS- Up until a couple of few years ago, the USA turned their clocks forward (except for AZ & Hawaii) the FIRST SATURDAY IN APRIL. Venturing into March is a recent thing and this is the first year it's been this early. Pero bueno. I guess you learn something new every day.

Napoleon said:
. . . . the Coffee Capital of the World. . . .
That must be for consumption, not production.

Do the States produce anything, nowadays (aside from debt and emigrants, of course)?

Stephen H said:
Dismal, eh? You stay classy, Napoleon.
I'll try. I just get worked up sometimes when people don't look at the whole map. I grew up with maps on the wall of our breakfast room and a globe in the next room.

Pero bueno, Buenos Aires is currently 2 hours ahead of the East Coast time zone in the United States of America.

Have a good day (despite the rain)

:)

RWS said:
That must be for consumption, not production.

Do the States produce anything, nowadays (aside from debt and emigrants, of course)?

Apparently Zippo lighters & Shrinky Dinks are still manufactured in the US.

(sorry for the OT!)

I have never understood this: why does the whole world have to rise at eight, and the day change while we are in bed?
having worked shifts all my life I would much rather go to bed when it is dark and I am tired, and as for getting up, Oh! the joy to wake when I am ready.
So perhaps everyone should be on GMT and rise when it is appropriate for their zone.
The hour is only an illusion: a homeless person stopped me on Gascon and asked the time, :DI guess he needed to know what time to roll up his cardboard box.

Back