Moving to Argentina soon!

MarieB

Registered
Hola!
Just wanted to say hi as I've just joined Baexpats!
Great site by the way, with a lot of useful information.
I'll be in BA from mid-September for a month or so. And if I can find a job there, the plan is to stay!
I'll be in touch once I'm there, so I can meet you guys for a coffee and get a good introduction the BsAs way of life!

Hasta pronto!

MarieB said:
Hola!
Just wanted to say hi as I've just joined Baexpats!
Great site by the way, with a lot of useful information.
I'll be in BA from mid-September for a month or so. And if I can find a job there, the plan is to stay!
I'll be in touch once I'm there, so I can meet you guys for a coffee and get a good introduction the BsAs way of life!

Hasta pronto!

I like an optimist, but coming to look for a job with only enough money to last a month might not be the best plan. You might be better off staying at home for a while and saving enough to last several months.

Philsword said:
I like an optimist, but coming to look for a job with only enough money to last a month might not be the best plan. You might be better off staying at home for a while and saving enough to last several months.

Or finding a job that allows your to work online from any location. But looking for work in Buenos Aires is not easy even if you have a residency.
Just keeping it real.

Expect to see a few months going by without you finding a decent job, so make sure your savings allow you to survive through all that time.

thanks for your advice guys....is it hard to find a job because of the current economic situation? or as a foreigner? or both??

well, you can always subscribe at www.virtualjobassistance.com/subscribe.html to work for mainly Dutch companies on outsourcing tasks, but we cannot provide a full time job/income, especially if you are here only for a short stay.

All depends on your definition and expectation of a 'job'. Indeed if you need the income to sustain yourself than you should not expect to stay longer than 1,5 month! Quality time over quantity time!

Back