Moving to BA and looking for a job

One thought about the police report: make sure it has your FULL name spelled out exactly as it appears on your passport and birth certificate. If they don't all match you will have a problem. My "police report" was simply a notarized letter from the "home town" police department that indicated I had no criminal record for the past five years and included my legal US address (for the past five years), my date of birth, sex, height, weight, hair color, and my passport number. I did not apply for it in person (I sent a fax from BA) and it did not include my fingerprints. It received the seal of Apostille by the Secretary of State of Illinois (a routine procedure). I was fortunate enough to have a friend take it to the office of the Secretary of State in Chicago for the Apostille and then send it to me here.Australia may have a special form for this type of report, and they may required you to include your fingerprints. I am not sure. I do know that during the visa application process you will also be required to get a police report here, and they will take your fingerprints then, as well as when applying for the DNI (after you are issued a visa).

Thank you both again so much - I apprreciate the time taken to reply to me. Yes, I am serious about moving to Argentina. I'm following my heart, although my head is telling me to earn serious money elsewhere! As the cost of a return trip is US$2400 I would do anything to avoid an additional trip. Thanks, Tracey

each embassy here in BsAs will do it (but mostly for higher costs as in the origin country). But you can translate and apostile the documents also through some "escribanos" who are confirmed to do that work and this way is the cheapest one .
bye schef4711

I checked my documents (and my memory) to confirm that they were translated by a licensed Argentine translator and then the copies were legalized (certified) by an escribano. I think these are two separate steps which must be performed by two different professionals, and all of my translated docs bear the stamps and signatures of both individuals. The translator must be a "Miembro del Colegio de Traductores Públicos" and should already have established contacts with an escribano, so you just need to contact an escribano to get the work done.

Back