Moving to BA

GoodTimes

Registered
Hi everyone. My name is Scott and I will be flying to BA soon. I have a few Argentine friends down there, and they told me to post on here to get help with customs and all that. So I guess any information about that would be appreciated. I have gone through customs in Korea and Japan before, and did not have any trouble at all, but I was being told I might with Argentina.

I want to know how hard is it to bring things through customs, like a laptop or 2, and what other things they do not mention about the customs process. I know most places are different with customs, but I hope it is not that hard to get through. I do know there is a fee to enter, but I am not worried about that.

Any help is appreciated on this.

I brought a laptop and an iPad with no trouble. In fact, when I got to the officials who look at the monitor as your bags pass through the machine, they weren't even paying attention. Two customs guys sitting there chatting with each other...

I hope your experience entering Argentina is as easy.

I had no issues w customs either. I wouldn't worry about your laptops. I had 2 cameras a MacBook an iPad 2 ect they said nothing to me.

Came in about 6 months ago with a laptop, iphone and ipod and no troubles. You mentioned about the fee that you will need to pay at Ezeiza to get the stamp on your passport, so I dont think think you will have any more surprises, apart from maybe struggling to find a free trolley if you have a lot of stuff (I know I did haha). All the best for your trip down!

Really, only Argentines need to be particularly concerned with what they bring in if it is your own stuff for personal use. These days a couple of laptops, cameras, etc are pretty standard. You'll be fine.

If you were bringing in a ton of new electronics for your friends... worst case you may have to pay tax but again, unless you are Argentine if they are even paying any attention, it won't be directed at you.

Speak English as you're passing through customs and you should be fine. :)

Just about everyone has a laptop and electronics these days. My family came through a couple weeks ago with cameras, laptops, and phones and they weren't questioned or checked hardly at all. As long as you're not bringing in several of each thing (for resale) you should be okay! ;)

Back