Moving to BA


Apr 7, 2008
criswkh said:
[FONT=&quot]Driving in Argentina[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tourists can rent a car with their valid state's drivers license. Americans living, studying or working in Argentina can get an Argentine drivers license at the following location:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dirección de Habilitación de Conductores de Vehículos
Sección Licencias
Av. Roca 5252, Villa Lugano
Buenos Aires[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Documents required:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- US passport
- US driver’s license
- Argentine D.N.I.
- Certificate of domicile within the Federal Capital[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For hours of operation and more information call 0800-999-2727.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] You can try to contact:
[FONT=&quot]Argentine Automobile Club, Av. Libertador 1850, 1112 Capital Federal, telephone (011) (54)(11) 4802-6061[/FONT]

I am not sure on the rules. You can call the Autoclub. Some country's won't let you get a IDL unless you can prove you are a resident.

Thanks so much. Now that I know what it is I'll contact the autoclub directly. I'm not sure I would want to convert my driver's license as then I would have to redo all the driving lessons & tests when we go back home!! :eek: