Moving To Ba

sharif

Registered
Hi,

I am moving to BA in November. I am looking for a good/safe location to Seattle for three months, take a course in Spanish and do a sky diving course.
Does anyone know for good recommendation?
I am also planning to travel across the country to the south and the north, how is it with renting cars or buying one and how much does it cost to do so for a basic good car, a polo perhaps?

Thank you for you help, i would love to meet you in BA as well

cheers

Hi Sharif and welcome to BA. I've found that Palermo has been the best place to stay, plus you can look on Airbnb for a place to stay. The school I have been going to, to learn Spanish is Vamos, which is also located in Palermo, unless you wish to have a private instructor.
I'll be leaving myself in November back to the US but might be returning in January to hopefully live here, only if things fall into place.
I'm also going to the south of Argentina to see the glaciers and more, if not then Peru. So if I go, I'll let you know what I think of the places we saw and what to look out for, if anything goes wrong.

Best wishes going to BA, safe flight.

I also agree that Palermo is great. Another option is Recoleta. I always recommend to rent a place for a week or 10 days and then find a more permanent option after arrival.

Are you looking for just a few hours of Spanish class a week or a more intensive program?

Vamos is also a good school in Palermo. They have intensive groups (4 hours per day) and of course do private lessons.
Expanish is a good school downtown. They have intensive groups (4 hours per day) and also do less intensive group classes at night (3 or 6 hours per week I think).

Private instructors are good if you want someone to go to your apartment or meet at a cafe.

I know there is sky diving in Chascomus (about 2 hours from BsAs) but I am not sure if they do actually classes for you to learn how to do it on your own. I know Mix Up Exchange organizes trips with foreigners going to do sky diving so you might want to check them out.

Back