Moving to BA

Grok

Registered
Hi all.
Couple questions I have..
What is maximum amount of dollars now I can bring with me undeclared? And what declearing it implies?
If I get Airbnb for first month. Will I be able to find something for long term in one month? And any recommendations where to look?

The first part is easy: the magic number is USD10,000. More than that: you are required to declare it. If you don't declare it you risk confiscation if discovered. If you do declare it you risk those two heavy-set thugs by the exit doors being tipped off and taking it off you as you leave.

You really need to tell more about what you mean by longer term, what you will be doing and what your legal status will be to get useful answers to the other question.

Thanks for replying.
Can I rent a place for 6 months as a tourist? Won't be doing much, taking long holiday.

Thanks for replying.
Can I rent a place for 6 months as a tourist? Won't be doing much, taking long holiday.
Yea most "tourist apartments" are 6 month fixed leases. Some are in dollars some in pesos. Craigslist is your best bet in my opinion. Or Airbnb. Keep in mind on craigslist you have to likely pay 1 month rent commission to the real estate agent. Some are owner direct with no comission. In my experience Airbnb is more expensive on a monthly basis, but no upfront commission. So a trade off that may end up equaling out to some degree. My personal preference is craigslist but to each their own.

Following, I have been here 3 weeks now and am yet to secure an apartment. I was opting for a 1 month lease because I wasn't exactly sure where I wanted to live. But since I've already been here 3 weeks of the original 4 I wanted to stay I have mostly figured that out and now I am considering looking for a 6 month lease instead.

The issues I have are I don't speak Spanish yet. I have had several people call me, and myself call several people however they don't speak English and when they realise I don't speak Spanish they just hang up.

Any recommendations for websites that cater to expats in BA who don't speak Spanish and want a short term lease?

Following, I have been here 3 weeks now and am yet to secure an apartment. I was opting for a 1 month lease because I wasn't exactly sure where I wanted to live. But since I've already been here 3 weeks of the original 4 I wanted to stay I have mostly figured that out and now I am considering looking for a 6 month lease instead.

The issues I have are I don't speak Spanish yet. I have had several people call me, and myself call several people however they don't speak English and when they realise I don't speak Spanish they just hang up.

Any recommendations for websites that cater to expats in BA who don't speak Spanish and want a short term lease?

There are a few I think. But you are going to end up paying a lot more money.

There are a few I think. But you are going to end up paying a lot more money.

Can you please clarify? You mean there are places that cater to exapts however the cost will be a lot higher then attempting to find a place on say Craigslist?

I have used Airbnb more recently but before that I used this service.
I found them to be very reliable and easy to communicate with.

Back