Moving to BA

Following, I have been here 3 weeks now and am yet to secure an apartment. I was opting for a 1 month lease because I wasn't exactly sure where I wanted to live. But since I've already been here 3 weeks of the original 4 I wanted to stay I have mostly figured that out and now I am considering looking for a 6 month lease instead.

The issues I have are I don't speak Spanish yet. I have had several people call me, and myself call several people however they don't speak English and when they realise I don't speak Spanish they just hang up.

Any recommendations for websites that cater to expats in BA who don't speak Spanish and want a short term lease?
you ought to be able to negotiate with airbnb listings for longer term rentals. some of them indicate they are open to it.

for something short term, i like the protection that airbnb gives you if stuff goes poorly.

I've used ByT and they were wonderful and all spoke English. Also, you can try 4RentArgentina or My Lovely Apartment. Their websites are searchable by neighborhood, price, bedrooms, etc. As long as you are aware you'll be paying the "gringo" premium but in exchange you at least have the peace of mind that the apartments are decently furnished, clean and safe and the price includes all utilities, internet, etc.

Casa San Telmo has a wide range of tourist apartments. From quite cheap to expensive. Good web page.

Following, I have been here 3 weeks now and am yet to secure an apartment. I was opting for a 1 month lease because I wasn't exactly sure where I wanted to live. But since I've already been here 3 weeks of the original 4 I wanted to stay I have mostly figured that out and now I am considering looking for a 6 month lease instead.

The issues I have are I don't speak Spanish yet. I have had several people call me, and myself call several people however they don't speak English and when they realise I don't speak Spanish they just hang up.

Any recommendations for websites that cater to expats in BA who don't speak Spanish and want a short term lease?
I'd rather try to find somebody to help communicate, than paying gringo premium. Considering I am far from being gringo. That's my plan when I am there anyway.
Thanks all for suggestions.

Thanks. My Lovely Apart (https://mylovelyapart.com/) has some decent places without the gringo prices it seems. I've contacted a few.
Thanks. My Lovely Apart (https://mylovelyapart.com/) has some decent places without the gringo prices it seems. I've contacted a few.

I like to clarify that the prices for furnished apartments are the same for Argentinians as they are for expats . There is no such thing as gringo prices as a long term rental contract is available for anyone who has a guarantor and can prove their earning potential . This is equal for everyone .

In Punta Del Este Uruguay Argentinians pay up to 20000 dollars a month for houses in the summer as do any other nationality . Fully furnished apartments for short term rentals are simply much dearer to rent and are always in a strong currency that is the us dollar .

Back