"Mucama" rates

Napoleon said:
How often are people giving raises?

We gave about a 20% raise after one year.

-Are people doing the same?
-Or 10% every 6 months? (which compounded is more than 10%/year)
-25%?

Thanks

If you have a mucama that works by the hour it isn't necessary to give raises. Mine tells me when she is increasing her rates and if I want to keep using her, I need to pay her the new rate. I pay $20 per hour (this is the rate she set).

el_expatriado said:
If you have a mucama that works by the hour it isn't necessary to give raises. Mine tells me when she is increasing her rates and if I want to keep using her, I need to pay her the new rate. I pay $20 per hour (this is the rate she set).

We're paying AR$20.50 per hour and she comes twice a week for "4 hours" each time.

The quotes are because officially is it: 3pm-7pm

But she often arrives at ~3:23pm and leaves at ~7:12pm. (or something like this)

We also don't have enough for her to do, so she's finally started ironing some of the shirts. She didn't do this for about the first 2 to 3 months, because here they like to charge extra to iron shirts, but finally there was nothing for her to do and these shirts had been staring at her for a month or two and she just started ironing them. It's only about 2 to 5 shirts per week, so it's not like we're secretly running a laundry service here.

Oh, and we also gave her "Half a month's salary" for Christimas. And I guess we should do that again for the mid-year.

So she's getting AR$20.50/year and perhaps 13 months over a 12 month year. (At least 12 1/2 months.)

Back