Mudanzas Capri

ElQueso

Registered
After fours years in the same place, we made a move to a new apartment today. I've been dreading this day for awhile now, and it was a near fight with myself to not just accept paying more and living in a place that was getting too small, just to avoid the hassle and time it would take me from my work, just in order not to move.

I don't know why I dread it so much. Must have something to do with the number of times I moved in my first year here when the temporary apartment market was so hot many apartments had bookings throughout the year with just a few holes big enough to get a full month, sometimes two, out of the contract. I moved 9 times in a little over a year before I found my first semi-long-term lease. Yeah, reckon maybe I'm a little traumatized over that and my first real move as well (out to Pilar, with a broken sofa and a couple of broken mirrors, and a lot of shrugs and sheepish grins and a lot of excuses - those guys WERE NOT who I am going to talk about!).

But I started this to give a plug to Mudanzas Capri. http://www.mudanza.com.ar/empresas/mudanzas-capri

I got their name from a friend 4 years ago when I moved from near Pilar back into the city. Turned out to be a great recommendation then and I kept their magnet on my refrigerator for four years until I needed them again.

They were just as good as I remembered (trauma effects aren't necessarily logical...).

Turns out the dread was not needed. They showed up at 8:00 this morning, just as promised, and had a three bedroom apartment, full of my own furniture, packed up and ready to go to the new apartment by 11:30. They were unpacked into the new apartment and had re-assembled a few items (such as my huge, heavy wood modern desk) and were ready to go by 2:30 pm!

Of course, we packed our boxes (clothes, dishes, etc) and moved those ourselves (using the same 15 boxes and four different trips, with a couple to go tomorrow) being that the apartment was only 5 blocks from our old one.

They gave me a preset price the first time, but that was a move from 40 kilometers outside the city and involved an overnight storage. This time, they charged by the hour for a supervisor/driver, the truck and 4 helpers. I was worried that it would cost me an arm and a leg, which is really the primary reason why I packed and moved the boxes myself (those 15 boxes cost me 500 pesos!).

It cost me only 100 pesos more than it did 4 years ago to move from outside the city. I should have let them pack the boxes too! I mean quite literally the price in pesos was the same, no blue rate factor, no counting for inflation. The same number. Which means it was significantly cheaper looked at that way than 4 years ago even though the number was the same.

These guys are fair, conscientious, extremely helpful and they're nice guys, every one of them. We all joked around while the move was going on, it was a team effort, no aggravation whatsoever (it wasn't really their fault they bumped the track lighting in hallway - accidents happen - and wasn't their fault the 2 1/2 meter [or so] track itself was screwed into a sheetrok ceiling with two wood screws...but they fixed it anyway!)

I can't recommend them enough if you need a mover.

I second that. Used them to move to Mendoza, and then move back 2 years later. They were professional, fast, and respectful.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Expat Life 0
BairesFlet Services Offered 0
Back