Mums with young children

Jobot

Registered
Hi,

Originally posted this in the newcomers forum, but realise this may be better...

I've just moved to BA with my Argentine husband and 16 month old daughter. Was wondering if there were any other Mums out there with young kids who would possibly want to meet for a playdate? :)

Jo

Hi there. Wherabouts are you living. I live in Martinez in the suburbs and we have a baby group that meets up. The Mums also get together for nights out. Let me know if you are interested and I'll PM you the details.

Hey,
I'm in Capital Federal (Recoleta) which I gather is not that close?? If I can get transport arranged (don't have any at the moment) I'll send you a message and get details from you then. Thank you for the offer though! :)

Hi,

My family and I will be moving to Argentina from the United States in August 2012. I have two children who are fully bilingual. I have a 7 year-old daughter and a 5 year-old boy. I would love for my kids to be able to socialize with other expatriate kids so they can practice their English with them besides me at home. I am afraid that once they start school and meeting new friends they might not want to speak English as it happens in the States. My husband is from Argentina, so their Spanish is pretty good. In fact, by having our children interact with one another, they might be able to exchange language skills while they play. It's just a matter of making it fun for them.

Also, if you ever need someone to speak English with, let me know.

Any tips in bilingual or private schools for the kids? That's my main concern when I move there. Please any tips will be appreciated. Good luck, and of course, wish me good luck too! :)

Regards,

Jeny

I would like to be part of the mom's group in Argentina. How can I join? I don't have a Facebook account. I closed it a while back, but I can open it again, if needed. How do you do a PM? Sorry, I'm new on this Forum, which I happened to fund by coincidence.

Thanks,

Jeny

Hi
I actually live in capital federal and have a two year old little girl and would be interested in joining the mums group.

Please can you let me know the contact for this.

Thanks

Julie.

JenyP,
We have a 7 year old daughter, fluent both in English & Spanish. She would enjoy meeting your daughter. Would be happy to answer any questions you may have about your move to Buenos Aires. We have been here 4 years. Send us a PM.

RNazz said:
BNick if you want, send me a PM with your Facebook info so we can add you to the Mom's group here in BA!

I would love that, but I don't have a Facebook account

Back