Musicals

mfeld

Registered
Anyone have suggestions of good musicals to see. I love Broadway in NYC and would love to see some Musicals here. Please let me know.

With tongue only partly in cheek, have you thought about seeing the local version of Evita - in Spanish. I believe it has been playing since before Evita was born!!

RR

Go to see Sandro. It's a really fun show and the cast is very talented!
I haven't seen Mamma Mia! here yet, but I heard it got bad reviews.
Next to Normal is also playing right now. If you like the music, it's worth seeing, but the show itself is not for everyone so it depends on your preferences.

Hope this helps!

Thanks all. I have seen Mamma Mia and Next to Normal in NYC on Broadway. Is Sandro a musical with music and dance... Since I am not fluent in Spanish, I will need that to keep me entertained ;-)

Yes, it has lots of song and dance. It's based on the life of Sandro. He was a famous singer here. He reminds me a lot of Elvis. If you read the synopsis of the show ahead of time and go, you will have no problem following along with the story in my opinion.

I don't like musicals but some of my friends who love them told me "Mamma Mia" was really good.

This new musical opened on April 11 at Teatro Presidente Alvear. It's Broadway caliber and runs for only 8 weeks in BsAs.

The Wednesday performances have "popular" prices, lower than other nights. I sat third row center in the balcony for 40 pesos. The show runs 130 minutes and is not to be missed if you love Broadway musicals.

Tango Argentino, Forever Tango and La Tanguera were on Broadway from Argentina. The next one will be Chantecler.

Tickets for Chantecler Tango:

At the theater box office Corrientes 1659 during business hours

or by phone 0800 333 5254

Chantecler Tango is back for another run at the Teatro Presidente Alvear until AUGUST 3. And "Anything Goes" with music by Cole Porter is playing at Teatro El Nacional on Corrientes.

Back