Muu Lechería in Palermo-- a No Recommendation

tez

Registered
I just thought I would give a heads-up to all of you, expats and non-expats, that anyone thinking of trying the new American style diner on Armenia (esq Costa Rica) thinking they might get a great American style hamburger should not. I was in a rare mood for a hamburger and french fries today so I thought it would be nice to try out the new place that I see somewhat full lately, "Muu Lecherìa." I got the "Dolly" burger with sauteed mushrooms, bacon and bri cheese (a strange one I know) and it was absolutely awful. I do think the mushrooms were actually fresh, but they had about as much taste as ones from the can (which is why I thought at first they were from a can), and the patty was right out of a cardboard box. In fact, I found pieces of the cardboard box between the bun and patty, grilled to perfection. I didn't even bother complaining but I did leave the grilled cardboard for the waiter/manager to see, and he was noticeably embarrassed, or maybe I just want to think he was.

The french fries were actually pretty good (thin, and seemingly homemade, reminded me of In N Out's just a bit, a tad bit), and someone ordered a milkshake that looks pretty darn good, and the salads look large, fresh and generous, but honestly, the quality and the cleanliness of the whole place is dubious. I can't imagine they get a lot of repeat business.

I warn because I wish someone had warned me-- my stomach still hurts a bit from the 4 bites of burger that made it down.

Reactions: S48
I should add as an aside that a place that I do like the hamburgers is Malasartes in Plaza Serrana (Honduras & Serrano). It has been a long while since I have gone, but they were the best. I quite like Malasartes for pretty much anything, actually, I don't know why I don't go more often...

if you want north american/USA food go to mcdonalds, tgifridays or hooters.

Arty - someone wanting a good burger doesn't = McDonalds.

I actually have been craving a burger lately - medium rare, fresh bun, lettuce, tomato, pickles..mmmm. I am tempted to try Kansas to see how theirs is - I love their fries.

I wish there was a Red Robin in BA...IMHO, best burgers I ever tried while in the US.

Sugar (next to Plaza Armenia) has a new (renewed?) food menu, and the burgers are really good. Patties are the right size, good buns, and quality condiments. I've had the Aloha burger and the Blue Cheese burger, and both were great. I also like the steak/ranch-sized fries they serve alongside.

Didn't love the onion rings though; good texture, but not oniony enough for my tastes.

Enjoy,
Mike

Im not usually big on American food (Im Mexican/American), definitely not one to scowl for peanut butter in China Town for example.. but once in a while when the crave sets in, the BEST burgers are hands down at Carlitos, they´re all over the city, big patty, fresh buns and all...throw in some fries a laprovenzal..yum!! TGIF´s sucks and is waaaaay overpriced.

My friend suggested this place tonight and I thought I would try it, despite having heard not great things. They were unfortunately all accurate. The service was bad, the burger was *really* salty, the cheese was a really strange consistency and the lettuce and tomatoes weren't crisp. The fries were okay but not particularly warm when they came out.

Very disappointing, especially at those prices.

citygirl said:
Arty - someone wanting a good burger doesn't = McDonalds.

I actually have been craving a burger lately - medium rare, fresh bun, lettuce, tomato, pickles..mmmm. I am tempted to try Kansas to see how theirs is - I love their fries.
I often go to Kansas and have never once had a bad meal,burgers included:)

Back