Muu Lechería in Palermo-- a No Recommendation

American style burgers are hard to find in Buenos Aires.

The best I have found are at Hardrock Cafe and Kansas ( aka Houston's ).

Fridays is pretty gross IMHO.

BTW. Where is Carlitos ?

AlexfromLA said:
American style burgers are hard to find in Buenos Aires.

The best I have found are at Hardrock Cafe and Kansas ( aka Houston's ).

Fridays is pretty gross IMHO.

BTW. Where is Carlitos ?
ave libertador in Vincente lopez

I often go to the Embers, at Libertador 14638 in San Isidro. They have good burgers, onion rings, fried chicken, and even pancakes and waffles. Its set up like an old 50's malt shop, and smells like a deep frier but one of the best burgers I have had here in Bs As. After reading this thread, I will probably go there today for lunch.

hannstew said:
I often go to the Embers, at Libertador 14638 in San Isidro. They have good burgers, onion rings, fried chicken, and even pancakes and waffles. Its set up like an old 50's malt shop, and smells like a deep frier but one of the best burgers I have had here in Bs As. After reading this thread, I will probably go there today for lunch.

I agree . . . It's good.

Yeah i totally agree with you. It is sad how "Muu" is supposed to be based on a 50's diner serving burgers, which are pretty easy to make, and they can't even make a decent burger. It's strange they would start a restaurant like this that sets out to specialize in good burgers and sell cheap patties! Seems like they make no effort at all or just got no clue..! it's a shame as was expecting something good from there... I went there with a couple of friends and we all felt the same about the burgers there - cheap rubberized patties with bits of bone in them. Definitely wouldn't go back.
I'd really like to speak to the owner/ manager to tell them what people think of the burgers as maybe they don't know..
Sugar on the other hand has very good burgers just round the corner.

tez said:
I just thought I would give a heads-up to all of you, expats and non-expats, that anyone thinking of trying the new American style diner on Armenia (esq Costa Rica) thinking they might get a great American style hamburger should not. I was in a rare mood for a hamburger and french fries today so I thought it would be nice to try out the new place that I see somewhat full lately, "Muu Lecherìa." I got the "Dolly" burger with sauteed mushrooms, bacon and bri cheese (a strange one I know) and it was absolutely awful. I do think the mushrooms were actually fresh, but they had about as much taste as ones from the can (which is why I thought at first they were from a can), and the patty was right out of a cardboard box. In fact, I found pieces of the cardboard box between the bun and patty, grilled to perfection. I didn't even bother complaining but I did leave the grilled cardboard for the waiter/manager to see, and he was noticeably embarrassed, or maybe I just want to think he was.

The french fries were actually pretty good (thin, and seemingly homemade, reminded me of In N Out's just a bit, a tad bit), and someone ordered a milkshake that looks pretty darn good, and the salads look large, fresh and generous, but honestly, the quality and the cleanliness of the whole place is dubious. I can't imagine they get a lot of repeat business.

I warn because I wish someone had warned me-- my stomach still hurts a bit from the 4 bites of burger that made it down.

I never ate a meal there, but the milkshakes at Muu are great. They're overpriced sure, but I don't know where else to get a milkshake around here.

after re-reading this thread, I'm going to Kansas for a burger for lunch:D

SaraOR said:
I never ate a meal there, but the milkshakes at Muu are great. They're overpriced sure, but I don't know where else to get a milkshake around here.

Il Diverso helado/cafe place has yummy ones! I only found out by accident today as I don't usually drink milkshake/frapuccino things.. We go caught in traffic hell on Marcelo T and I got really annoyed. So I jumped out and went to the ice cream shop to wait for the traffic situation to get better. I got confused and ended up ordering what basically was coffee milk shake. Ok, I thought it was expensive at 17.50. But it was yummy! Had to walk home! :D

Back