My cheap German beer from Dia has disappeared!!!

90% of Stella and quilmes is skunked because there's no temp control in the supply chain from manufacturer to customer. Stella particularly, we learned to leave it alone after the first few days of being here. But I don't live in the capital, I bet that 14 hour truck ride in the sun from BA to here does a number on the beers.

I'm no beer expert but I doubt the temperature does it much harm. Fish on the other hand....

If you don't think temp impacts beer quality you are definitely no beer expert... ;)

I'd agree if it were quality ale in wooden casks. However we're talking about cheap mass produced canned beer that gets shipped all over the world. ;)

I'd agree if it were quality ale in wooden casks. However we're talking about cheap mass produced canned beer that gets shipped all over the world. ;)
You've never had a corona here? When you open it the whole room smells like a skunk? It's been sitting outside of a kiosko in the sun for a few days? Definitely attention to quality control of the product before it gets to the customer. I don't think most people here notice though because it's normal.

You've never had a corona here? When you open it the whole room smells like a skunk? It's been sitting outside of a kiosko in the sun for a few days? Definitely attention to quality control of the product before it gets to the customer. I don't think most people here notice though because it's normal.

If you buy beer from a Kiosco then you must be desperate for a drink. ;)

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 13.21.42.png
It is interesting how the government / president stressed there would be no devaluation on his watch when in the last few weeks the official and solidario have been inching higher from 83 to 86.5 today and 135 to 142 (and climbing) Like always, they lie and then go about doing what they said they would not in the shadows when everyone is distracted by the more trivial affairs of state.

To me this squeezing the FX rates at both ends suggests that this momentary brecha is going to diminish soon enough, meanwhile many people like the importers of Día German beer, will hold off buying/ selling until the official gets to about 90+ to avoid selling below replacement value.

This means we expats may be in for a mini-shock as prices we have been accustomed to in recent months suddenly leap up without as much FX brecha to catch us. But at least many products such as this should be back in stock. And at least we still have some brecha to help us unlike the peso earners who will have a far worse shock.

In the case of Corona, it is normal.

View attachment 7454
It is interesting how the government / president stressed there would be no devaluation on his watch when in the last few weeks the official and solidario have been inching higher from 83 to 86.5 today and 135 to 142 (and climbing) Like always, they lie and then go about doing what they said they would not in the shadows when everyone is distracted by the more trivial affairs of state.

To me this squeezing the FX rates at both ends suggests that this momentary brecha is going to diminish soon enough, meanwhile many people like the importers of Día German beer, will hold off buying/ selling until the official gets to about 90+ to avoid selling below replacement value.

This means we expats may be in for a mini-shock as prices we have been accustomed to in recent months suddenly leap up without as much FX brecha to catch us. But at least many products such as this should be back in stock. And at least we still have some brecha to help us unlike the peso earners who will have a far worse shock.

I suspect you're right.

View attachment 7454

It's the frog in the boiling pot scenario. Less visibility this way.

Back