My Concert Roster For Spring

Does anybody know more about Personal Fest? So far I have just seen a bunch of rumors on various blogs.

The Strokes....maybe?

Saw the Chili Peppers in 91 at the Hollywood Palladium with the Beasties- and they were OOOOLD then...

And I thought Eric Clapton died years ago.

I am in El Norte most of the fall, trying to get my last kid out of high school without him getting arrested or killed by his mother, but I just may be in BsAs in late Sept, and while I prefer Argentine bands to overpriced semi-retired geriatric rockers, I would definitely go see Balkan Beat Box at Niceto...

http://www.nicetoclub.com/showinternacional/1772/balkan_beat_box_(usisrael)

and maybe even Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

I'd be hitting Martin Buscaglia at Trastienda, in September, myself.
And the Bicicletas reunion at Niceto.

Ever seen Tremor live?
They are like the Chili Peppers, if the Chili Peppers didnt have a heroin supply roadie, and need to be propped up and strapped to the mike stand before every show.
As in, manic energy, LOUD, crazy, and fun.
Course, they sing in castellano...

They say that the average person locks in their musical taste between the ages of 15 and 22 or so, and then never listens to anything new.

Ries said:
And I thought Eric Clapton died years ago.

Clapton never had a pulse.

Ries said:
They say that the average person locks in their musical taste between the ages of 15 and 22 or so, and then never listens to anything new.

Yes, if some people could only be alerted as to how crucial those musical choices are during those years, perhaps... oh well...

if youth is wasted on the young then middle age is wasted listening to old farts relive the stale mediocrity of years gone by.

Lee said:
Well, quality music never goes out of style and Clapton is selling out River Plate so it clearly shows that quite a few people agree that he is an amazing musician.
Hmm... that argument would mean that reality TV shows are quality/"amazing" TV shows.
"Popular" does not always/often mean "good".

But yes, these major gigs seem very overpriced.

Back