My Concert Roster For Spring

I am old.
I listened to Clapton in the 60's.
Cream was pretty good, although Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker helped moderate Clapton's schmaltzy side.

But I am also old enough that I am too cranky to go to see arena rock bands anymore. Too expensive, too crowded, too much the same ol same ol.

But if you like Clapton, by all means, go. Buy yerself one a them $50 (US) T shirts while you are there.

When I am in Argentina, I go see lots and lots of young, interesting, argentine bands, which are usually very cheap, often free, and I enjoy the feeling of being surrounded by younger people who still are willing to experiment, musically.

But you really ought to check out Balkan Beat Box, too- those guys rock it.

Ries said:
But you really ought to check out Balkan Beat Box, too- those guys rock it.
Mate, I'd be up for that if you could handle a partner in crime for the night. Drop me a PM if so.

Hey guys,

There are another couple of bands heading this way, that IMHO are worth checking out..

Metronomy @ Niceto Club on 30th Aug

(for more info...http://www.myspace.com/metronomy )

Gotan Project @ Teatro Gran Rex on 15th Sept

They may not be your cup of tea, but I thought I'd share..!

]"...while I prefer Argentine bands to overpriced semi-retired geriatric rockers, I would definitely go see Balkan Beat Box at Niceto...

... if the Chili Peppers didnt have a heroin supply roadie, and need to be propped up and strapped to the mike stand before every show."[/QUOTE
Ries, you had me busting up. You should be a comedy writer for the David Letterman Show!
Hey, listen, some people enjoy listening to geriatric rockers who are propped up and strapped to the microphone. It enhances the music listening experience!!! I'm 57 now. If I ever were to still hit the Big Time as a rock musician, that's what I'd name my group. The "Geriatric Rockers". And the first album would be called "Propped up and Strapped to the Mic". You're my Daddy!

In all reality, my cup of tea, would be the Beatles Cover Band, "The Beats" playing at the Gran Rex, on Sept. 30, 2011. Mark

Personal Fest 2011 Lineup Nov 4th and 5th

INXS, The Strokes, Sonic Youth, Beady Eye, Damian Marley, Calle 13, Goldfrapp, Broken Social Scene, White Lies, Tori y Moi y The Kills

Heya Purdey, dig both those groups and was wondering if you have any advice on where to find good upcoming shows or venue suggestions? We seem to have similar interests and situations, any help would be appreciated!

Back