My coronavirus story and escape from Buenos Aires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be back sooner rather than later, right after the world ends. Maybe October? But all the clubs are closed, and restaurants too. My guess is I would be forced to survive on take out fugazetta, choris, and empanadas.
Could be worse, I suppose.

Up here, we grow most vegetables and many fruits within ten miles, along with three cheese makers, plus a few microbreweries and a distiller. But no pizza for 15 miles.

Received a photo via Whatsapp this afternoon from my friends' house on the principal avenue of one of Lima's largest barrios populares, at any hour of the day or night a maelstrom of buses, cars, street vendors, and people (Avenida Universitaria in San Martín de Porres, for those who know Lima). They could have fired cannonballs along it and hit nothing. Complete adherence to the quarantine. A prosperous country that has reduced poverty from 60% twenty-five years ago to 20% (and was scandalized in 2018 when they poverty rate didn’t decline for the first time in sixteen years), not needing to debate the consequences of shutting down the economy for a week or three. Just received an audio of the curfew sirens sounding. Whilst I don’t believe the official figures in any country, the official figures in Peru (145) are not much higher than here (97) but I reckon Peru is at least a week ahead of us (and getting further ahead by the minute) and stand a better chance than we do coming out of this OK.

This is hysterical. Just stay in your house and you'll be fine, whether it's in Rio Negro or Buenos Aires.

Argentina is handling the situation much better than the USA is lol.

Most people will do anything to protect themselves from a virus that can cause death . Your snide remarks show once again the kind of person you are i have a house in Rio Negro and have for many years due to my over 20 trips here staring from 2004

Everyone knows that being in fresh air and sunlight is very effective in keeping ones body and mind healthy . In 90 percent of apartments in buenos Aires sunlight is minimum and fresh air is non existent .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back