My experience buying a TV in Argentina

In two years time you'd be paying your final payment on a two year old TV.

On a more serious note, I'd say the TV model and price you could get it for elsewhere is the only way of knowing if it's be a bargain or not. Even if it works out a bit cheaper for you here, it's still all relative to the prices elsewhere.

[quote name='Don'tMindMe']
So yeah, buy that TV now because it will cost more in 6 months, and make all those payments because you can and they are interest free if you can't pay for it all at once, but why try to fool yourself into thinking that it's a huge deal just because you're making interest-free payments into the future?

I just don't see how you can view spreading a payment out into cuotas as actually saving money, inflation or not.[/quote]

Because it would seem that inflation of 25% works for you when making fixed repayments....

By paying over 24 cuotas I'm getting a 25% discount per year (annual inflation) on the amount yet to pay.

Davidglen77 said:
Unfortunately, the downright perverse way of people being constantly acosed and robbed of their money unfairly here, has people trying to justify the reasons for it. Everybody here who comes from another country and knows about fair pricing, accessible credit, saving and investing for the future, well deep down you know that in this country, for now at least, those things are a far-off dream.

Davidglen77, While this is probably a discussion for another thread, I agree with you. Things are far worse here for the masses than they would like to believe but they feel the pain every day.

Even though the gov, some media and a range of cronies say that Argentina is growing, it is not. In fact, it is going backwards and fast and I hate to see it happen to such an amazing country and people.

Smcali23 said:
In two years time you'd be paying your final payment on a two year old TV.
Yes I know but my family and I pan to hold onto the TV for at least 5 years before rolling it over. For electronics like laptops and iPads, a 24 month repayment plan could seem like an eternity.

Or just buy a really cheap TV, which is what I did 5 years ago. I would tell you the make, but the name plate's fallen off...

Back