my experience getting brazil tourist visa in buenos aires

If you got it here in Buenos Aires, there is a part of the visa that says "duration/duração." It should be 90 days (from the time you first enter Brazil), unless you are a permanent/temporary resident and have a DNI. In that case, it would be 10 years.

If you want more than 90 days, you can extend it for 90 days at a Federal Police station in Brazil.

bradlyhale said:
If you got it here in Buenos Aires, there is a part of the visa that says "duration/duração." It should be 90 days (from the time you first enter Brazil), unless you are a permanent/temporary resident and have a DNI. In that case, it would be 10 years.

If you want more than 90 days, you can extend it for 90 days at a Federal Police station in Brazil.

Thank you, I just did a search on Google.
Looks like for citizens of US, Mexico and Canada, the tourist visa lasts for 5 years for multiple entries. For all other countries, it last for 90 days, and maximum 180 days upon extension in Brazil Police Office.

I was incorrect about the duration bit. Here is the visa stamp being given out at the Brazilian Consulate in Buenos Aires:

Brazilian-Visa.jpg

The text at the bottom should tell you for how long the visa lasts. It depends on the consul general. I've had 4 Brazilian visas: 1 year, 60 days, 90 days, and 90 days. I'm a U.S. citizen.

Back