My refrigerator died

Search for "repuestuos heladeras en Flores" lots of stores on Ave. Directorio (san pedrito) subway stop...
Thank you all very much!

Sadly, however, this 30+-year-old monstrosity may not be salvageable. I finally got the beast heaved out, crouched down to have a look, saw something very much like that shown in the YT video I linked above, and found the damn thing is dripping water directly on the relay. Which, you know, doesn't usually do much to improve the functioning of most electrical devices.

Yes, I unplugged it first.
Also, interestingly enough, unplugging the fridge seems to have put a stop to that flickery behavior of the bathroom light. The video above shows the compressor pulling almost 11 amps, briefly, so that would make sense, especially given the horribly effed-up nature of the electrical setup in this building.

Yes, I unplugged it first.
Also, interestingly enough, unplugging the fridge seems to have put a stop to that flickery behavior of the bathroom light. The video above shows the compressor pulling almost 11 amps, briefly, so that would make sense, especially given the horribly effed-up nature of the electrical setup in this building.
What are the policies on getting a refund? for burned appliances

A few suggestions:

Pickup one of these bad boys (or a few) for $4,200 pesos; I bought it after loosing power for weeks and I had my AC plugged in to it and woke up Monday AM to clicking noises. I rolled over to the plug and within 60 seconds it went from 275V to 170V and was automatically turning off once it hit the threshold. Like clockwork I lost power minutes later.

I have the same model on my fridge, and when the building power was out it was lit up in alarm showing the outlet was putting out 280V then 02V then 12V then 218V then 260V, etc; lord knows what kind of damage it would have done if the fridge was plugged in to the outlet directly as was the case previously.

As to Rich One's point, if your (lack of) electricity supplier is Edenor or Edesur, but especially Edesur, I personally recommend sending them a fuck you in writing on all of our collective behalves - have a fridge repair man come to your apt and complete the following form, which will give an estimate to fix (or replace) the fridge, and Edesur will have to pay for it. It also applies to Edenor too, but they've only had 1/10th the cuts Edesur has this year.

The situation with power is only going to get worse with Edesur in particular, so I highly recommend these protectors as a form of insurance for those of us unfortunate enough to have to deal with them.

A few suggestions:

Pickup one of these bad boys (or a few) for $4,200 pesos; I bought it after loosing power for weeks and I had my AC plugged in to it and woke up Monday AM to clicking noises. I rolled over to the plug and within 60 seconds it went from 275V to 170V and was automatically turning off once it hit the threshold. Like clockwork I lost power minutes later.

I have the same model on my fridge, and when the building power was out it was lit up in alarm showing the outlet was putting out 280V then 02V then 12V then 218V then 260V, etc; lord knows what kind of damage it would have done if the fridge was plugged in to the outlet directly as was the case previously.

As to Rich One's point, if your (lack of) electricity supplier is Edenor or Edesur, but especially Edesur, I personally recommend sending them a fuck you in writing on all of our collective behalves - have a fridge repair man come to your apt and complete the following form, which will give an estimate to fix (or replace) the fridge, and Edesur will have to pay for it. It also applies to Edenor too, but they've only had 1/10th the cuts Edesur has this year.

The situation with power is only going to get worse with Edesur in particular, so I highly recommend these protectors as a form of insurance for those of us unfortunate enough to have to deal with them.

Excellent info on this surge protectors, will check into it .
As far as Edesur , the government wants to take away the Concession. That will solve nothing, finding another interested party to take over , and then doing the required investments. Will take years.

I would let it dry out and try changing the relay.
The compressor is usually a sealed unit so a bit of water won’t harm.

The public kicking the gates of Edesur offices reminds me of the same action by money holders kicking the gates of Banks on Florida St. on 2001...! What happened then..?

Horror burnt appliances..! It worries me most the laptop , buy a new one? and recover all the DATA..!!

Horror burnt appliances..! It worries me most the laptop , buy a new one? and recover all the DATA..!!
Your laptop is damaged as well? I found this guy, mentioned by Jerbo in https://baexpats.org/threads/laptop-repair-in-belgrano-colegiales.44779/#post-420364 to be very competent.

To recover data from a disk, you probably need a SATA to USB connector like these: https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/adaptador-sata-usb#D[A:adaptador sata usb] (check if your disk has a SATA interface first, of course, it should state that in the specification).

Thanks so much my hard disk has a SATA interface. Thanks God.

A financial group akin to this government may take over Edesur..? Fixing the actual distribution system problems may take years ? and substantial investment. ?

Back