My Search For A Spanish School

Hey! I went to El Pasaje Spanish and I loved it. Really, what do you mean with "completely western front desk staff"? Did you think you were arriving to China? (Although one of the owners is a japanese descendant, but very very argentinian :p)
The staff there were amazing and make everything possible to keep everyone happy. I saw them making efforts to please really spoiled students that wanted to change classed that they had booked months ago because they wanted to go out at night and going to the school at 10am was too early. I really admire their pacience and I'm sure it's based on how much they love what they do. So the fact that they couldn't give you and option that satisfied you surprises me (I guess they really didn't have a choice). I was in a class with other 3 students at first and I found it very useful 'cause everyone got to talk in class and get the exact amount of attention from the teacher (who was also cool and very cute!); then I took regular courses for 3 months while I was working and it also worked out really well.

What surprises me the most is the fact that you found that school through Trip Advisor, 'cause that's how i found El Pasaje and they have the best reviews of them all! They have barely 1 or 2 negative reviews (with which I don't really agree after going there) and the rest of them are excelent and filled with love ('cause that's what this people inspire).

I agree with Dublin2BuenosAires about the UBA. Good quality, but sort of messy and very confusing if you don't speak a word of Spanish.

I did the one-month intensive course at UBA, at the sede on 25 de Mayo. I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it to others...

I thought the best way to find a good Spanish school was to sit down with a few other Ex-Pats for a beer. That is what I did.

I left the bar with a list of four schools, but only one was close enough to my home for me, Ailola Buenos Aries. I am trying to remember if they had a "completely western front desk staff" or if their reception desk pointed a different direction. The teachers were good, the prices reasonable, and there were a couple other Ex-Pats going to classes at the same time.

I did love the original poster's comment about overbearing tutors. I called a couple Craigslist tutors and I may have run into the same tutor. He told me on the phone that my accent was going to be a big challenge to overcome. I just hung up.

Back