Nature day trip from BsAs with public transport

BsAs2022

Registered
Hi all. Sorry, I haven't quite been able to find a thread with this exact question (but do point me towards it if there is one).

We're looking for a day trip on public transport outside of BsAs where we can get some nature and/or spend the day in a laidback town. We've gone to San Antonio de Areco, Tigre, and Chascomus and loved them all - something similar would be great! Carlos Keen seems a bit tricky to get to on public transport and (perhaps?) overrated. We don't want longer than a 2 hour train or bus journey one way - ideally less. TIA for any leads people might be willing to suggest!

Try the Sarmiento line. You can go to LUJAN or MERCEDES. Also NAVARRO via 136 Bus, also CAPILLA DEL SEÑOR via train (Mitre line) or bus.
Small towns and not far away from BA Capital City.

You could visit Villa Ocampo, home to writer Victoria Ocampo and her many guests from the literary world and beyond. Take the Tren de la Costa, one stop beyond San Isidro R or the No. 60 colectivo.

From Tigre, did you visit the islands in the delta? Take a Lancha Colectiva and you could just cruise past the islands or go and visit somewhere like Casa Sarmiento - once home to that president who was very popular amongst the people in the Delta region and popular in our household for the advances he made in education during his term.. Whilst down at the Tigre docks, check out the excursions to Isla Martin Garcia which amongst other things is now a nature reserve.

Buquebus is public transport too. Back in the days when some people thought visa runs were smart they would take a day trip to Colonia in Uruguay in order to re-set their entry stamp for Argentina when they returned. Colonia is a lovely, small, quiet and historic city and - visa reset or not - a day trip will help you decide if you might like to stay longer in Colonia on another occasion.

You could visit Villa Ocampo, home to writer Victoria Ocampo and her many guests from the literary world and beyond. Take the Tren de la Costa, one stop beyond San Isidro R or the No. 60 colectivo.

From Tigre, did you visit the islands in the delta? Take a Lancha Colectiva and you could just cruise past the islands or go and visit somewhere like Casa Sarmiento - once home to that president who was very popular amongst the people in the Delta region and popular in our household for the advances he made in education during his term.. Whilst down at the Tigre docks, check out the excursions to Isla Martin Garcia which amongst other things is now a nature reserve.

Buquebus is public transport too. Back in the days when some people thought visa runs were smart they would take a day trip to Colonia in Uruguay in order to re-set their entry stamp for Argentina when they returned. Colonia is a lovely, small, quiet and historic city and - visa reset or not - a day trip will help you decide if you might like to stay longer in Colonia on another occasion.
Thanks! I'll look into Villa Ocampo.

We did take a lancha around the Delta and saw Casa Sarmiento - was lovely.

We would do a Colonia trip perhaps but last I checked, you need a PCR, which we don't want to mess with for a day trip.

Thanks! I'll look into Villa Ocampo.

We did take a lancha around the Delta and saw Casa Sarmiento - was lovely.

We would do a Colonia trip perhaps but last I checked, you need a PCR, which we don't want to mess with for a day trip.
And for Colonia ,you need proof of health insurance too.

Suggest you consider the Combi's Mercedes Benz minibuses lines, like Buses Santorini and Buses Chivilcoy that cover ruta 5 going to Lujan, Mercedes , Suipacha , Chivilcoy and Bragado and all in between locations. All less than 2 hours away. Santorini and Chivilcoy buses leave from Alto Palermo several times a day. Need seat reservations by phone.

Check services in Google for link

Back