Need A Bank Account. Where To Do It?

kosta

Registered
Hi folks!!

I'm looking for a bank, somewhere near Subte, possibly with some basic-english staff. Both personal and business. Can you pls recommed?

The new Santander branch on Juan B. Justo has some English speaking staff that are helpful. About a 10min walk from the Palermo stop on the D line.

Thank You for your advise. I've visited Santander on Reconquista and they also have english-speaking staff.

But now a new problem occured. The requirements for a basic business account is: DNI and and a copy of any bill paid by me (any other than mobile phone i.e gas, electricity, cable). I don't have any, I rent an apartment temporarily and all the bills are sent to the owner's office (different address). It seems like I have no options here, the bank doesn't accept Certificado de Deomicilio neither.

Maybe you guys know a bank with less restrictions/ or accepting Cert de Domicilio?

Refer to previous recent threads on this topic using search. Without being a legal resident with DNI you cannot have a bank account here. In the past you could sometimes open a savings account in pesos. But I think you can't anymore. Just another economic shot in the foot to keep sane and or legitimate thinking business people from coming here and investing...

I've got DNI (by "I don't have any" I meant I didn't have any bill on my name, sorry). But that's not enough. I typed "bank account" in a browser but received so many threads that it would take me a week to read it

http://baexpats.org/topic/13428-opening-a-bank-account-as-a-foreigner-without-residency/ (this is an old post and the exact requirements will have changed)

maybe a Constancia Policial de Domicilio: 'Certificado de Domicilio'...

Thank You for your advise. I've visited Santander on Reconquista and they also have english-speaking staff.

But now a new problem occured. The requirements for a basic business account is: DNI and and a copy of any bill paid by me (any other than mobile phone i.e gas, electricity, cable). I don't have any, I rent an apartment temporarily and all the bills are sent to the owner's office (different address). It seems like I have no options here, the bank doesn't accept Certificado de Deomicilio neither.

Maybe you guys know a bank with less restrictions/ or accepting Cert de Domicilio?

I'm in the same situation- Have permanent residence and DNI but no bills on my name.
Let me know if you find a way around it or a bank that would accept certificado de domicilio

Back