Need A Sofa

beepokerking

Registered
Hi as stated in title I need a sofa as I just moved into a new apartment. Whenever I look at them in random stores I find they seem crazy expensive, they have what look like decent ones for reasonable prices on mercado libre but its something id prefer to see in the flesh before I buy.

Does anyone know where I can go look at a few and buy one at a fair price? Is there any kind of sofa supermarket type place here or are they all sold by single boutique store kind of places. Hoping to spend between $4000-$5000 pesos

Thank you

www.mariamaranessi.com.ar runs house sales every weekend from 10-17 hs.

It may take a few weeks to find one you want to buy. Sales are in cash only. You arrange for the shipping to your apartment. The last hour they reduce the prices on everything that hasn't been sold. The owners are usually leaving the country and want to get rid of everything.

Avenida Belgrano is full of furniture stores. From Pueyrredon to the bajo. Also one part of Arenales street, but thats much more pricey (and more sophisticated, nice, elegant, etc).

Ok thanks think ill go to Avenida Belgrano and have a look at a few, any idea approximately what block i should head for first?

We got these three at Diseños de Living, Olivos yesterday.(excluding table) We paid around $7k
They're offering 20% discount for cash at the moment.
Also we sold our old 25 year old 3 piece on ML; collecting today.

Ok thanks think ill go to Avenida Belgrano and have a look at a few, any idea approximately what block i should head for first?

There are like 20 blocks full of these stores. Just go from Pueyrredon Jujuy and start going down (the same direction as traffic goes). You ll have a lot to see.

You can order one to be made. There is one on Cabildo & Ibera (#59 bus.) called Loft. Pick the style , pick the fabric , they make it and deliver it in 3-4 weeks. Another store with a bigger selection is near the Unicenter on Edison at the Panamericana. Cheaper than buying one already made , and you get to choose the exact fabric. Another option is on the Design Center across the Panamericana from the Unicenter. 4 or 5 store with couches.

Some will do custom sizes , etc.....

There is a great fabric store on Echeverria & Cuba in Belgrano called Delovie . Absolute best fabrics in the city.

We got these three at Diseños de Living, Olivos yesterday.(excluding table) We paid around $7k
They're offering 20% discount for cash at the moment.
Also we sold our old 25 year old 3 piece on ML; collecting today.
Nice looking marble floors too ! BTW, good taste,(yours of wifey?) it goes well with the total ambiance...

There are like 20 blocks full of these stores. Just go from Pueyrredon Jujuy and start going down (the same direction as traffic goes). You ll have a lot to see.

Yeah I second that. You`ll also find some places on mercadolibre that have shops on this avenue selling their sofas so you can see how they are. have a search on their first as they usually post their addresses online. One thing you`ll notice is that some of the cheaper sofas on mercadolibre are fake photos, see them in `real life` in the shops and you can see why theyre so cheap, usually the nasty thin eco leather. But anything about $4-5k you should be ok.

Back