Need advice on Asian resturants BA

Although neither one is a "real" asian restaurant, I enjoy the asian/argentine fusion food at

Sudestata
Sudestada - Cocina Sudeste asiático | Guía Oleo - Restaurantes de Buenos Aires
The lunch specials are usually good, and reasonable for what they are, and there are asians cooking in the open kitchen.
Kiddy Korner from Standard, in Palermo Hollywood, and owned by the same people.

Sifones y Dragones
Sifones & Dragones - Cocina De autor | Guía Oleo - Restaurantes de Buenos Aires
A cute little puerto cerrado, seats something like 15 people, really good made to order gourmet asian fusion cuisine.

BsAs is not asia- the market wont pay for real asian food, nobody likes spicy, and a lot of the real ingredients arent available. So this kind of authentic argentine cooking that uses the ideas of asian cooking, interpreted in local ways, is more authentic to me than watered down fake asian food.

Thank you for posting. I feel that not only is the Asian cuisine lacking flair, but the Mexican food as well. Now I will check out these places. Good Thread.

I personally don´t pay too much attention to Guia Oleo´s comments, as in general Argentines do not like spicy or hot food, and they are the ones that review the restaurants! That being said, my two favorites in town are Shi Shuan ( Beijing Cuisine ) and Bi Won for Korean. Both have long menus and authentic asian flavors. For japanese and sushi the best place is Yuki, also Irifune in the downtown.

For those of you living in Congreso or Once, there is a fantastic Japanese place called Shogun hidden upstairs at J.E. Uriburu St. 280 (w/ Sarmiento). It is a Japanese family who runs it, it's decorated just like Japanese places I remember at home and even has two separate rooms with those low tables you tuck your legs under. Of course, far more important is the cuisine, which does not disappoint. The sushi is exquisite and the Japanese dishes such as shu mai, curry, and noodle dishes taste just as they should. It isn't the most expensive Japanese restaurant in town, but it's also not the cheapest, and it's cash only. Also, they are only open for dinner.

Back